10th August 2017, 12:13 PM
revanthreddy@143

Can a B.Tech Computer Science apply for IPS exam? Any chance to join Police department?

Hello, I have completed B.Tech Computer Science and now preparing for competitive exams. Please tell me am I eligible to apply for IPS exam or any chances to join Police department?

10th August 2017, 08:31 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech Computer Science apply for IPS exam? Any chance to join Police department?

IPS is Indian Police Services. The competitive entrance examination for joining Indian Police Services is Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria for entrance exam of Indian Police Services:

The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year bachelor's degree candidates can also apply for this exam.

Age limit for candidates belonging to different category:

Open category: 21-32 years.

OBC candidates: 21-35 years.

SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

Bachelor of Technology in computer science candidates can apply for Civil Services examination to join Indian Police Services. The stages of Civil Services examination:

Preliminary Examination.

Main Examination.

Personal Interview.
10th August 2017, 09:57 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a B.Tech Computer Science apply for IPS exam? Any chance to join Police department?

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

The eligibility for IPS examination:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam.

Age criteria for this exam: 21-32 years.

B.Tech in Computer Science candidates can apply for Civil Services exam.
10th August 2017, 10:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment of officers in I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear in examination but you have to qualify in all three stages ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview ) stages of examination for final selection.

If you just want to join police department you can appear for State Police recruitment examination conducted by respective state.

To get detail information about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th August 2017, 11:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Being a graduate you are eligible to apply for civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and definitely you can also apply for IPS post. But make sure that you fulfill the physical fitness criteria.
11th August 2017, 07:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that official name of IPS examination is Civil Services examination and same is held by UPSC once in a year for recruitment as a officer in various administration services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc. .

--> Further the minimum educational qualification required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must either completed your bachelor degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same degree course i any discipline from a recognized university.

*** For joining IPS wing of Civil Services you also need to satisfy some certain physical fitness standards mentioned in the notification released for the same examination.

So having completed B.Tech in Computer Science which is a bachelor degree course in technical stream you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as there is no requirement of a particular stream.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th August 2017, 07:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates who have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

So, you will be also eligible to appear in examination. But for final selection as an I.P.S Officer you have to qualify in all three stages of examination.

So, you must continue your preparation for examination. For syllabus and other updates about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

There are option for recruitment on various post in police department through SSC examination conducted by respective state.

You can also join police department through state PSC examination.
24th November 2017, 09:25 PM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year is Graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#As you have completed your graduation in computer science stream(b.tech),you are definitely eligible to apply for IPS exam.
#Age limit to apply for this IPS exam is 21-32 years and age relaxations are 3 years for OBC candidates,5 years for SC/ST candidates.
#And the selection process of IPS exam is preliminary exam,mains and personal interview and medical examination.
#For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?