25th April 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after passing class 12th? I have scored 80% marks

Hii sir.i m lakshmi.ian going to 12th .and i believe that i gain 80% marks.i want to go in merchant navy as an officer so what should i do after 12th ..

9th May 2015, 09:04 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after passing class 12th? I have scored 80% marks

First I want to clear that you are eligible for Merchant Navy after your 12th only if you have Science stream with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects in your 12th from a recognized board .

Then you will have to crack NDA examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission two times in a year i.e; once in the month of April and once in the month of September generally called as NDA I & NDA II respectively.

The basic qualifications required for this wing of NDA are as following :-

* You must be an Indian by nationality .

* You must be an unmarried male .

* Your age must not be below 16.5 years and does not exceed 19 years too.

* Your educational qualification must be same as mentioned in top paragraph .
Students pursuing final year of their 12th are also eligible .

* The mental and physical fitness is also required as per the requirement of
service.

The examination is taken into two steps which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview ( SSB interview ) for which you will be eligible if your go through the step I .

The NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it has three wings which are Indian Navy , Indian Air force and Indian Army .

For further details and notifications about the same examination log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?