23rd March 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for Civil Service Examination after doing BAMS? What are the optional subjects?

i m doing bams. can i appear for civil service examination..wat r d optional subjects.

14th September 2011, 08:28 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Civil Service Examination after doing BAMS? What are the optional subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m doing bams. can i appear for civil service examination..wat r d optional subjects.
Yes, After completing BAMS Course you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS and Other Government Officer.

BAMS Stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery and this was a bachelor degree course and after completing this course candidates may apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

>> The examination was Conducted into 2 Stages - preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination are Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination and Both are Objective, So, Firstly candidates have to cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

In Main examination you have to choose the Optional subjects according to your area of Interest, the List are availiable in the UPSC website.

>> The examination was Held every year in the month of May/June.

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February.

So, If you are Interested in this examination then please fill the application form Of this examination in the month of February because notification was Going to be released on 04/Feb/2012.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC website OR you can Obtained the application form Directly form the Post offices.

>> So, Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

Optional Subject List -

14th September 2011, 11:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Civil Service Examination after doing BAMS? What are the optional subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

Sorry to say dear you are not eligible for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM . Because you are a diploma candidate.

CIVIL SERVICE EXAM exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The The CIVIL SERVICE EXAM selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

Optional subjects for CIVIL SERVICE EXAM main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength

thanks
3rd January 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can a B.A.M.S graduate appear for CMSE
13th February 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

what about medical science as optional for civil services
any idea of person who cracked it
18th April 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

lingaraj radder :- which are optional subjects in ias for bams graduates
15th December 2012, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects are necessary in UPSC after BAMS
29th May 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i am a civil service aspirant.i completed BAMS.does the option 'medical science' applicable to ayurveda?or does it holds good only for aloppathy?
7th July 2019, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Which Subjects I choose for upsc preparation as I am a BAMS student
24th December 2019, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose bams for optional in a Ias exams
16th January 2020, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

BAMS student what optional subject in is choose
15th May 2020, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Is there any optional subject available for B A M S student?
27th January 2021, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

can bams course eligible for ias officer
9th December 2021, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

AFTER BAMS COURSE I WILL TAKE IAS AND IPS EXAMS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?