18th April 2012, 06:44 PM
bamnia

Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after electronics engineering and what type of eligibility is required?

what subject i choose for ias exam after electronics engineering and what type of eligibility it recquire

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS exam and which subject should I choose while being an engineering student?
  2. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  3. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing EEE?
  4. Subjects to choose for Civil Services Exam? Which engineering subject of engineering branch should I choose?
  5. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Which optional subjects should Mechanical Engineering students choose?
  7. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which subject should I choose for IAS? I am doing my Mechanical Engineering
  9. What can I choose as a core subject for IAS exam in civil engineering? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year civil engineering
  10. Which subject to choose for IAS exam?
  11. Inform about IAS and IPS exam? Which subject can I choose?
  12. How to become an IAS officer after Engineering (ECE)? how to prepare and subjects to study? Is it necessary to join IAS academy to prepare?
  13. Optional subject for UPSC after Engineering in Electronics?
  14. Which optional to choose for IAS exam?
  15. IAS after B.E(CSE)? How to choose another subject?
  16. What type of service to choose for electronics engineering in BHEL?
  17. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  18. Can i choose Anthropology as a subject for IAS exam? -- [New]
20th April 2012, 05:08 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after electronics engineering and what type of eligibility is required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamnia View Post
what subject i choose for ias exam after electronics engineering and what type of eligibility it recquire
The civil service examination comprise of two stages of written examination.
In the first stage, known as Preliminary Exam, there will be two compulsory papers:
General Studies
Civil Service Aptitude Test

So, no matter which stream you belong to, you have got to write both the papers. However, in the Main Exam, the second stage of the civil service exam, comprise of compulsory as well as optional papers.
For optional papers, you may select any two subjects depending upon your interest and expertise as there is no restriction regarding selection of subjects. Despite being an engineering graduate, you may select History, Economics or any other subjects you are comfortable with. But both the subjects from the same stream or area are not allowed, like you won't be able to take two engineering subjects or candidates are even not allowed to take the following subject combination:

Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Exam:

To be considered eligible for the civil service examination, candidates need to be within the age limit of 21-30 years and must hold a bachelors degree in any discipline awarded by a recognized university. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category.

For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
21st May 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IAS exam after electronics engineering and what type of eligibility is required?

What should i chose subject after passing electronic engeneering
19th April 2014, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a first year Btech student.Currently,I have taken Mechanical Engineering as I thought that it would be easier to prepare for ias exam.However,I am now confused as other branches such as Electronics and Communication offers a much wider scope in our college.Will changing my branch put a stop to my dream of becoming an Ias officer?
8th June 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

What subjects should i select ,if i have done be electronic enginnering and ms computer enginnering from abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?