11th December 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after passing my HS exam?

Sir, Can I appear IPS entrance exam after H.S..?

12th December 2011, 09:20 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after passing my HS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is Conducted into 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to apply for the Main examination. In Preliminary examination there are 2 Papers are of same marks and duration and Both are Objective and you have to cracked both these papers.

Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the subjects for Main examination on the basis of graduation. There are 9 Papers in main examination including :

>> 1 Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 General Essay type paper (200 marks)
>> 2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
>> 4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each)

You can Only apply for Main examination, if your Preliminary examination have cleared.

But to apply for Civil services examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course first and after completing your High School examination, you are Not eligible for this examination, So please complete your Graduation first and then apply for Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved categories candidates.

So, please complete your Graduation first and then apply for this examination and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
12th December 2011, 09:44 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
for admitting the aspirants to the various vacancy in the Indian police service is filled by the union public service commission. The eligibility required for appearing in the exam involves
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. Final year aspirant are also eligible for appearing in the exam.
2. The minimum age for appearing in the exam is 21 for all the category of aspirant .
3. The maximum age for the general category is 30. For bc and mbc aspirant the maximum age till which one can appear is 33. For sc and st aspirant it is 35.
4. The aspirant are limited in the number of attempts. For general category aspirant maximum of 4 attempts can be made. For bc and mbc aspirant maximum of 7 attempts can be made. But sc and st aspirant can appear in all the exam till 35 years of age.
The selection for the exam involves
1. Common aptitude test
2.main exam
3. Physical test.
4. Personnel interview.
As you have completed your higher secondary you need to complete your degree course to make yourself eligible for the exam.
12th December 2011, 09:48 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after passing my HS exam?

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and this examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and to become IPS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is Conducted into 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, Only then you are eligible to apply for the Main examination. In Preliminary examination there are 2 Papers are of same marks and duration and Both are Objective and you have to cracked both these papers.

Main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the subjects for Main examination on the basis of graduation. There are 9 Papers in main examination including :

>> 1 Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 General Essay type paper (200 marks)
>> 2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
>> 4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each)

You can Only apply for Main examination, if your Preliminary examination have cleared.

But to apply for Civil services examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course first and after completing your High School examination, you are Not eligible for this examination, So please complete your Graduation first and then apply for Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved categories candidates.

So, please complete your Graduation first and then apply for this examination and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
12th December 2011, 10:05 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Police Service exam is part of Civil Service exam.So to become Indian Police Service Officer,you should appear for Civil Service exam.And should get good rank in civil service exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC once in year.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service exam:
You should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
And your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

If your HS course is equivalent to Graduation degree and if your age lies between as mentioned above,then you can appear for Civil Service exam.

Civil Service exam consist of two exam,that are
>>Preliminary Exam
>>Main Exam

Preliminary Exam:
Issuing of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
After clearing Preliminary Exam only,you can appear for Main Exam.
Main Exam:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

For more details,then go through this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 59 views)
12th December 2011, 11:02 PM
jayparikh

Smile Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after passing my HS exam?

Quote:

IPS entrance

Hi friend,

You haven't mention your details like age and others.

Anyway the basic qualification required is as follows:-

-Candidate must have Bachelor's degree or should be in final year of such degree.

-Age should be between 21 to 35 years.

-English and Hindi must be fluent.

-Must be physically fit.

-Should have good knowledge of aptitude,history,geography and all the relevant details of India.

For , any other query,please do post here.

best of luck

regards.
13th December 2011, 01:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of HS exam you will not be able to appear in IPS exam.

For that you have to complete your graduation at least..

After completion of your graduation in any trade you can apply for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21-30 years to appear in IPS exam...
For SC/ST The upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, first go for graduation course, and try to secure a good percentage of aggregate in graduation..

All the best.
13th December 2011, 08:20 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Quote:
no you cant you must completed atleast any degree and then apply for it
13th December 2011, 10:23 AM
sandeep cullen

sorry sir you cant appear in the exam on the basis of HS, i m giving you the brief idea about the IPS exam

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).
13th December 2011, 12:00 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Eligibility For IPS Entrance Exam

I reckon that by H.S. you mean 12th..hence i am really sorry but right now you are not eligible for appearing in the IPS entrance exam..

In order to become an IPS officer a candidate must clear the Civil Services Exam and to appear in the Civil Services Exam a candidate must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria :-

1) You should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you belong to general category,21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST

Maximum number of attempts allowed for general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

The exam consists of 2 rounds..the Prelims and the Mains

The Prelims consists of 2 objective papers and shall test you on your aptitude skills,general knowledge,current affairs and your basic knowledge on subjects like history,geography,science,etc..

The Mains consist of 9 papers spread over 21 days which will test mainly your knowledge of graduation subjects..

The forms for the Civil Services Exam 2012 shall be available from 4th February,2012 and the last date to submit the forms is 5th March,2012..

The Prelims shall take place on 20th May,2012

The Mains shall take place on 5th October,2012

If you manage to clear both the Prelims and the Mains then you shall be eligible for the final interview

The final results shall be declared just 2-3 weeks before the next prelims..

For any further details on the Civil Service Exams visit the official website of UPSC http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
1st January 2012, 02:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that your are not eligible for IPS exam . Because you have to completed HS exam only.But only graduate are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.IPS is selected through Civil Service Exam in every year.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

So you can try for graduation course also follow the pattern the syllabus.So every time your focus should be in this exam.

SYLLABUS FOR IPS EXAM

PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS BHARATH PRESENT I AM STUDYING B.TECH 1 ST YEAR.I HAVE A GREAT DESIRE TO BECOME A IPS OFFICER.SO PLZ GIVE ME THE GUIDANCE. HOW CAN I STUDY TO CRACK THE EXAM,REFERENCE BOOKS PLZ MENTION SIR??
23rd January 2012, 01:15 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after passing my HS exam?

you can't appear in IPS exam .But you must completed the any bachelor degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?