29th August 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS Exam having completed Graduation this year in BA?

i completed this year my graduation in b.a. can i able to apply this year ias exam

29th August 2011, 06:20 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS Exam having completed Graduation this year in BA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed this year my graduation in b.a. can i able to apply this year ias exam
Hello friend,
The preliminary stage of civil service exam 2011 has already being conducted and the main exam will be conducted in the month of October. So, there is no way to appear for the civil service exam 2011.

To appear for the civil service exam 2012, you may obtain the application form from designated post offices which will be available 04-02-12 onwards.
The preliminary stage of civil service exam 2012 will be conducted on 20-05-12.

Since you will complete your graduation this year, you will be eligible to apply for the exam provided you are within the age limit of 21-30 years.

The examination is divided into three stages:
Civil Service Aptitude Test also known as preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
29th August 2011, 06:56 PM
taraknath gupta

Default Re: Can I apply for IAS Exam having completed Graduation this year in BA?

yes u can aaply for IAS exam providing ur subject is among the list of subjects listed in upsc examinations for IAS ... nd IAS pattern keep on changing so plz keep ur self up to date and u can find every detail info in this site www.upsc.gov.in u shud hav good command over ur mother tounge bcz that wud b a paper in ur mains examination along with the general aptitude test.. so feel free to apply for IAS bt b mentally prepared for ur exams as its the top most competitive exams in india...
good luck hav a gd day
29th August 2011, 06:58 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

yes, you are eligible for IAS Exam having completed Graduation this year in BA.

the eligibility criteria for IAS Exam is

a>Nationality:-
the candidate must be a citizen of India.

b>Age Limits:-

21-30 years for general candidate.

c>Minimum Educational Qualifications required:

The candidate must hold a graduation degree of any of Universities incorporated by UGC/AICTE.

etc.

all the best..........
29th August 2011, 07:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, You are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, the examination was held in two stages, preliminary and Mains.

>> Firstly candidates have to cracked the preliminary examination And only then you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

>> For this year Preliminary examination was already completed and The result of Preliminary examination was also Declared by the Comission, and eligible candidates are eligible to sit in main examination which was going to be held on October this year.

>> But You have already completed your Graduate degree course in this year and If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply for UPSC Civil services examination in 2012, The schedule and dates of UPSC Civil services examination was already Updated in the website.

The Notification of UPSC Civil services examination was going to be published in the month of February 2012 and the notification was published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website.

After declaration of the notification candidates may fill the application form Online, But candidates are also obtained the application form from the designated post offices in India.

>> General candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times.

>> So, After graduation candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination. But to apply for this exam, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved category candidates like SC/ST/OBC.

>> So, please wait for the Notification and If you are really interested then apply for the examination in 2012, And form More Information please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
29th August 2011, 07:23 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you can apply for the IAS exam.

As per the elligibility criteria , the candidate should be a graduate and
his age should be between 21- 30..

As per the education qualification you are eligible, and more thing is depends on your age,

first thing you have to qualify the preliminary exam....
if you are elligible the , just prepare for 2012 exam,

Apply in http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck..~~`
29th August 2011, 07:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for IAS exam because you have to completed BA course.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC

Those candidate have graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age must be in between 22 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for OBC candidate 3 tears and for SC/ST candidate 5 years.

All the best.
29th August 2011, 07:34 PM
dhruv007

of course, you are eligible for this civil service exam,conducted by UPSC .the minimum requirement for appearing in this exam you should have to complete you graduation from any stream. the age limit exist for this exam is 21-30 years for general candidates, there is 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
29th August 2011, 07:40 PM
immadikondalarao

Quote:
hai friend,
u r elligible to write ias exam

Main Examination and Personal interview
Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
The Main examination comprise of following papers.
Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
General Essay type paper (200 marks)
General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Interview: 300 marks.

IPS (Indian Police Service)

we all know IAS/IPS is the most prestigious examination of our country.We have to show our passion and determination about these examination to qualify it.

Name of Civil Services : IPS (Indian Police Service)

Exam Date : Prelim in 1st week of May & Mains in 2nd week of Oct

The application procedure will be available in the notification.
You can either apply online or you can get the application form post office and send
in your application.

Eligibility Criteria :

Main Examination and Personal interview
Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
The Main examination comprise of following papers.
Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
General Essay type paper (200 marks)
General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Interview: 300 marks.

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

4. Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.
Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.
The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

so work hard..............
29th August 2011, 08:21 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
u are eligible to apply for IAS from now as u have attained ur graduation degree..u should be older than 21 years and less than 30 to be able to give the xam..u have 4 attempts to crack it..
29th August 2011, 08:32 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely you are eligible for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination.

As per IAS notification, minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for the exam is that the candidates must have completed graduation any stream from a recognised Indian university.

Therefore you are eligible to appear for upcoming IAS examination as per your educational qualification.
29th August 2011, 08:59 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Yes surely you can apply for the exam

As minimum eligibility crieteria for appearing in the IAS exam you should complete your graduation degre from a recognised university.
Age limit is you should be in between 21 to 30 yrs of age

No. of attempts for the gen categoory is 7 times
and no. of attempts for SC/ST is no limit
29th August 2011, 09:00 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely,you can appear for Indian Administration Service exam this year and make sure that your age lies between 21 to 30 years,then you can appear for exam.And their only limited attempts for General Category and OBC category candidates,so prepare well and attempt for exam.

Number of attempts for IAS exam:
4 attempts for General Category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

Indian Administration Service exam contents 3-phase of exam i.e Preliminary exam,Main exam and last but not least is Interview.
If you able crack preliminary exam,then only you can appear for Main exam,otherwise you have try again for preliminary exam until you qualify.In the same manner for Main exam to attend interview.

Indian Administration Service(preliminary exam) notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.

Indian Administration Service(Main exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 5th Oct 2012.
Issue of application form will be announced after the Preliminary exam.

For more details,then see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 43 views)
29th August 2011, 09:37 PM
rana2011
Banned

Firstly candidates have to cracked the preliminary examination And only then you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

For this year Preliminary examination was already completed and The result of Preliminary examination was also Declared by the Comission, and eligible candidates are eligible to sit in main examination which was going to be held on October this year.

The Notification of UPSC Civil services examination was going to be published in the month of February 2012 and the notification was published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website.

General candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times.

So, After graduation candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination. But to apply for this exam, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other reserved category candidates like SC/ST/OBC.

So, please wait for the Notification and If you are really interested then apply for the examination in 2012, And form More Information please check the UPSC Official website -["http://upsc.gov.in"]

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 09:38 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
Yes, you are eligible for civil services examination. As per the eligibility criteria given by the UPSC, all graduates are eligible to take the examination.
But graduation isn't not enough to full fill all criteria. check out additional eligibility criteria for civil services examination.

Eligibility
•-> Graduation from any recognized university.
•-> Only passing marks is required to sit in a civil services examination.
•-> One of the important criteria is age limit. Age limit must be between 21 to 30 years.
•-> Age relaxation is only given to SC, ST and OBC Candidates. 5 year to SC, ST and 3 year to OBC Candidates.

Examination Pattern
• Preliminary - General studies, One language, English and Essay
• Mains - 2 main subjects
• Interview

For more Information , Go and Check the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
29th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year.. So, if you have interest in doing administrative jobs then you can appear in IAS exam..

As you have done BA course then you can appear in IAS exam..

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..
*The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during the graduation..
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

If you fulfill all these criteria then you can apply for IAS exam..
To crack the IAS exam, you must have good general knowledge...
So, try to keep in touch with the latest mews of Indian politics..
It will help you to crack the exam..
All the best..
29th August 2011, 11:12 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year.. So, if you have interest in doing administrative jobs then you can appear in IAS exam..

As you have done BA course then you can appear in IAS exam..

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..
*The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during the graduation..
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years..

If you fulfill all these criteria then you can apply for IAS exam..
To crack the IAS exam, you must have good general knowledge...
So, try to keep in touch with the latest mews of Indian politics..
It will help you to crack the exam..
All the best..
15th December 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

i am a ba in yeshwantrao chauhan open university in maharashtra so can apply to ias exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?