4th March 2016, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for applying IAS after completion of graduation in one year?

Sir/Mam,

I completed B.Com in one year full degree through distance edu. After 12th .. University tell its equal to graduation .. Am i eligebal for ias? Can you please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible to me? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
4th March 2016, 10:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying IAS after completion of graduation in one year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I completed B.Com in one year full degree through distance edu. After 12th .. University tell its equal to graduation .. Am i eligebal for ias? Can you please provide me the information on the same as soon as possible to me? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thank you!
If your degree course is recognized then you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
5th March 2016, 06:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for applying IAS after completion of graduation in one year?

To be eligible to apply for IAS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. The minimum duration of any Bachelor's degree course is 3 to 4 years. Since, you have completed your Graduation in B.Com course in one year through distance education, mostly, you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination.
5th March 2016, 09:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Thank you!
Since, you have completed B.Com one year course through distance mode, so you are eligible to apply for IAS exam only if the university approved by the UGC. Otherwise, it is not possible for you to appear in the Civil Service Examination. Those who are interested to become an IAS officer, must appear and qualify in the Civil Service examination, which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The qualification needed for applying IAS exam includes a Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and final year student may also eligible to apply.

- The applicant must not be less than 21 years and not more than 32 years at the time of appear for the examination.

1) For OBC category : up to 33 years
2) For SC/ST category : up to 35 years

Official website - Click Here.
5th March 2016, 11:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for IAS.

The minimum academic eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS is that the candidate must have passed graduation or its equivalent from a recognized university.

The minimum duration of the graduation is 3 years. The three year graduation degree is valid and recognized and it is applicable to apply for IAS.

The candidate who have obtained a one year degree is not valid and not eligible to apply for IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?