26th April 2012, 08:14 PM
saif ur rahman

Is B.Tech helpful in becoming IPS?

Actually i have just completed my 1st inter . i secured just 367 marks . i am preparing for well for the improvements & hope i would get above 430. after my inter i would like to do b.tech . so could you tell me that is that good. I have a small doubt that most of my friends say that if we have sight we would'nt be selected for IPS is that true. CAN U PLEASE EMAIL ME THE STEPS OF BECOMING IPS TO MY ID [email protected] . THANK YOU

21st May 2012, 11:26 PM
Maanasa21

Default Re: Is B.Tech helpful in becoming IPS?

Hello ,

B.Tech will be helpful only to very little extent that too in Science and technology and its current affairs. But in fact , the General studies includes many subjects like History , Economics , Polity , Geography , Science and technology , Mental ability , Disaster management ; all these subjects basically cover the Schooling syllabus in depth , thats it. Its not much related to B.Tech.
Even if the candidate is b.tech it depends on the branch. If the branch is Electronic Communication Engineering then only it will be helpful to some extent to study missiles but its not required in that depth.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?