23rd June 2017, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I attend the IAS entrance exam next year after completion of 12th standard?

Can I attend the IAS entrance exam next year after completion of 12th standard? What is the age criteria required to apply? Can you please provide me the right details on this? It will be helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

28th June 2017, 09:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I attend the IAS entrance exam next year after completion of 12th standard?

No, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 12th qualification. To appear for Civil Service examination minimum required qualification is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all these stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th June 2017, 11:20 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I attend the IAS entrance exam next year after completion of 12th standard?

Union Public Service Commission conducts a national level exam every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS officers and various other posts. It is not an entrance exam. You have to qualify Preliminary exam, Mains Exam and then Interview.

**Age Limit: 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students as per govt. norms.

**I am sorry to say that you can not apply for IAS exam just after completion of 12th standard. You do not fulfill the eligibility criteria. The minimum eligibility criteria is that student must possess graduation degree from a recognized university. So in my opinion you have to firstly enroll yourself in graduation degree either through regular mode or distance mode. In the meanwhile of your graduation degree, you can start your preparation.

**If you want to know about the exam pattern, syllabus etc then you can go through the detailed notification regarding this in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 6 views)
29th June 2017, 02:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service. UPSC conducts Civil Service Examination for recruitment of candidates as an I.A.S, I.P.S Officer etc.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 12th std qualification. The examination is conducted in three stages.
29th June 2017, 08:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination is:

>>The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

>>The age limit to apply for IAS entrance exam is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You can not appear for IAS entrance exam after completion of 12th standard.
29th June 2017, 09:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS entrance examination usually refers to Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. .

--> The basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree are also eligible.

So as far as you are concerned about appearing in Civil Services examination after completion of Class 12th then it is evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria that for appearing in same examination you need to be a graduate and so you are not eligible for appearing in Civil services examination after your Class 12th.

For more detailed information regarding same examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2017, 09:24 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

Educational qualification required is bachelor's degree.

Minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can not attend IAS entrance exam next year after 12th standard.
30th June 2017, 10:24 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer which is a highest civilian post in the administrative post you need to appear and qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

As far as you are concerned about your possibility to appear in Civil Services examination after completion of your Class 12th then I would like to let you know that for the same examination you need to be a bachelor degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university and so you are not eligible for the same after completion of your Class 12th.

Also the required age criteria for the same examination is 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2017, 10:59 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, You can not attend the IAS entrance exam next year after completion of 12th standard because in this exam minimum qualification required is graduation.

Only graduates or who is in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for IAS exam. Minimum age limit to apply for this exam is 21 years for candidates of all category.
30th June 2017, 11:26 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to be fulfilled to attend Indian Administrative Services exam:

1. Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Those who are in final year of graduation are also allowed to apply for Civil Services exam.

2. Only candidates who have attained minimum age of 21 years can apply for this exam.

12th passed or appearing students can not apply for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?