26th May 2013, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I get Navy Merchant after passing commerce field?

I have a commerce field can i get into the navy merchant

18th May 2015, 02:59 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Navy Merchant after passing commerce field?

No there is no possible way by which a commerce pursuing student can go for joining Merchant Navy as well as Airforce as the minimum requirement for both the wings of defense field is that the applicant must be science stream throughout its academics .

But you have the option of Indian Army being a commerce student as for the same wing there is no restriction of stream of academics .

For joining the same you must have the nationality of India .

Also if you have done your higher secondary education then you will have to crack the National Defense Academy examination for which the age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years and you must be an unmarried male too .

Also if you have a bachelor degree then you will have to compete for the Combined Defense Services examination for which your age must be within 19 years to 25 years .

For more notifications & information about the procedure , pattern of examination visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .
19th May 2015, 04:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get Navy Merchant after passing commerce field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a commerce field can i get into the navy merchant
No, you can't join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th standard with commerce field.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?