28th April 2013, 09:22 AM
manish1024

Can I give Merchant Navy exam after scoring 40% in 12th?

I have secure 40% in 12th. Can I give The Merchant Navy Exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  2. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  5. Can I appear for merchant navy entrance exam for BSc Nautical after scoring 50% in 12th?
  6. What should I do to join Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the physical and education criteria?
  7. How can I join merchant navy after 12th?
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  9. Can candidates of pursuing 12th class appear for Merchant Navy Exam?
  10. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  11. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical? -- [New]
  13. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring 75% in 12th? Is there any scope for commerce students in Navy?
  14. How can I join merchant navy without 12th standard
  15. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy after scoring 56.33% in PCM and overall percentage in 12th of 62%? What is the minimum height required for merchant navy?
  16. Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?
  17. Merchant Navy eligiblity after 12th and forms availability
  18. How should I get in Merchant Navy? Which exams should I appear?
7th March 2014, 02:23 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I give Merchant Navy exam after scoring 40% in 12th?

No, you cannot be eligible for the Merchant Navy as your score is way too low. The graduate degree in Nautical Science or the Marine Engineering opens avenue in Merchant Navy. Minimum you need to complete class 12th with PCM. There is a age limit of 20 years to both unmarried male as well as female candidates and another five years relaxation is provided to SC/ST. In case of direct entry, candidates should complete class 12 with PCM. For the B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology, Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer posts are open.
28th April 2014, 02:11 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish1024 View Post
Yes off course you can join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard. But, Only science stream are eligible to apply for Join in Merchant Navy.

Here you didn't mention in specialization you're belong from. If you're belong from Science stream then definitely eligible for Merchant Navy.

You can apply for Deck Cadet post in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard.

To Join in Merchant Navy then the applicant should be complete (10+2) or Equivalent qualification in with Physics,Chemistry and Maths subject from recognized university.

Applicant should be Physically as well medically to join in Merchant Navy.

So, After completing 12th standard you're eligible to Join in Merchant Navy.
15th June 2014, 10:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish1024 View Post
Yes off course you can join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard. But, Only science stream are eligible to apply for Join in Merchant Navy. Here you didn't mention in specialization you're belong from. If you're belong from Science stream then definitely eligible for Merchant Navy. You can apply for Deck Cadet post in Merchant Navy after completing 12th standard. To Join in Merchant Navy then the applicant should be complete (10+2) or Equivalent qualification in with Physics,Chemistry and Maths subject from recognized university. Applicant should be Physically as well medically to join in Merchant Navy. So, After completing 12th standard you're eligible to Join in Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?