29th April 2011, 08:20 PM
dreamzmama

Can I give PSU exam if I am a computer science engineering student with 76% in B.Tech?

i m computer science engg student with 76% in B.tech.so can i give psu exam
?

14th May 2011, 02:47 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Can I give PSU exam if I am a computer science engineering student with 76% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamzmama View Post
i m computer science engg student with 76% in B.tech.so can i give psu exam
?
Yes, you are eligible for all PSU exams... The eligibility criteria for PSU exams are as follows...

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PSU EXAM

-> Candidate must be B.E/B.Tech./B.Sc (Engg.) with any course.

-> Minimum cut - off % for education qualification varies from 60-70 %.

-> Some PSU exam is allowed only for present final year and last two year pass outs eg. NTPC.

-> For final year students, mark sheet must be provided during the time of interview.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Attached the tentative common syllabus for PSU exam in this post... just go through the topics and prepare for it accordingly.

-> Attached the pattern followed by the different PSU exam in this post too.. check it over if you need it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PSU - syllabus.zip(32.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf PSU exam pattern.pdf(15.0 KB, 145 views)
15th May 2011, 05:46 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I give PSU exam if I am a computer science engineering student with 76% in B.Tech?

With such a good aggregate you can definitely go through the PSU exams.As a Computer Science Student you can apply for Public Sector Companies like:-

ISRO,CIMFR(Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research Hiring),HAL,BSNL(JTO),Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL),Indian Airlines Limited (IA)..etc

The basic eligibility criteria is the candidate should have completed his B.E/B.Tech background from a recognized University with an aggregate around 60-70% as mentioned by the PSU in the notification. The upper age limit and other such criteria will be decided by the PSU.

Each PSU has got it's own recruitment procedure hence you need to apply for each PSU separately.Eligible candidates will have to undergo an all India Selection Test conducted by the PSU. Based on the overall performance, the list of successful candidates will be short listed. All short listed candidates will have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview before the Company's Central Selection Board. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview out of 300.The candidate should have sound health. Before joining, candidates will have to undergo medical examination by the respected PSU's Medical Board and the decision of the board will be final and binding

The selected candidates shall undergo one year training at various places. The final place of posting will be allocated after successful completion of training based on the performance during the training and requirement at each location.

The syllabus will be generally covering all your core subjects right from the first year like C & DS, UNIX, DBMS, ADS, Software Engineering..etc for Technical Session.The technical syllabus will be generally mentioned by the PSU if not mentioned then just go through all your core subjects along with Aptitude & Reasoning,English,General Reasoning and Current Affairs.
15th May 2011, 05:54 PM
mohd haider

Default Re: Can I give PSU exam if I am a computer science engineering student with 76% in B.Tech?

With such a good aggregate you can definitely go through the PSU exams.As a Computer Science Student you can apply for Public Sector Companies like:-

ISRO,CIMFR(Central Institute of Mining and Fuel Research Hiring),HAL,BSNL(JTO),Telecommunications Consultants India Limited (TCIL),Indian Airlines Limited (IA)..etc

The basic eligibility criteria is the candidate should have completed his B.E/B.Tech background from a recognized University with an aggregate around 60-70% as mentioned by the PSU in the notification. The upper age limit and other such criteria will be decided by the PSU.

Each PSU has got it's own recruitment procedure hence you need to apply for each PSU separately.Eligible candidates will have to undergo an all India Selection Test conducted by the PSU. Based on the overall performance, the list of successful candidates will be short listed. All short listed candidates will have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview before the Company's Central Selection Board. Candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks in GD & interview out of 300.The candidate should have sound health. Before joining, candidates will have to undergo medical examination by the respected PSU's Medical Board and the decision of the board will be final and binding

The selected candidates shall undergo one year training at various places. The final place of posting will be allocated after successful completion of training based on the performance during the training and requirement at each location.

The syllabus will be generally covering all your core subjects right from the first year like C & DS, UNIX, DBMS, ADS, Software Engineering..etc for Technical Session.The technical syllabus will be generally mentioned by the PSU if not mentioned then just go through all your core subjects along with Aptitude & Reasoning,English,General Reasoning and Current Affairs.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=577908#ixzz1M Q3kZN7g-> Candidate must be B.E/B.Tech./B.Sc (Engg.) with any course.

-> Minimum cut - off % for education qualification varies from 60-70 %.

-> Some PSU exam is allowed only for present final year and last two year pass outs eg. NTPC.

-> For final year students, mark sheet must be provided during the time of interview.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Attached the tentative common syllabus for PSU exam in this post... just go through the topics and prepare for it accordingly.

-> Attached the pattern followed by the different PSU exam in this post too.. check it over if you need it...

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=577908#ixzz1M Q3n1KaC
15th May 2011, 09:38 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Can I give PSU exam if I am a computer science engineering student with 76% in B.Tech?

you are eligible for the psu exams

eligibility criteria
=>should get atleast 65%
=>should be a student of present final year...

you first download the syllabus fron internet and prepare them thoroughly with clear concepts...

self preparation is needed in this time...

you must study atleast for 5 hours per day to crack the exam...

you can apply for following public sector companies
=>ISRO
=>TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANCY INDIA LIMITED,ETC

YOU MUST BE STRRONG IN C ,C++,JAVA TO CRACK THE EXAM

ALL THE BEST

REGARDS
YOGI
6th July 2011, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

is mtech (software engg.) eligible for psu?
15th November 2011, 11:28 PM
m.khushhal

Computer science engineers can get a job in many PSU's.
Some of them are-
BHEL
NTPC
Broadcast Engg. Consultants India Ltd.
EDCIL (India) Ltd
Engineering Projects (India) Ltd.
Heavy Engineering Corporation
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
15th November 2011, 11:29 PM
m.khushhal

Computer science engineers can get a job in many PSU's.
Some of them are-
BHEL
NTPC
Broadcast Engg. Consultants India Ltd.
EDCIL (India) Ltd
Engineering Projects (India) Ltd.
Heavy Engineering Corporation
Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.
12th December 2012, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

I 've fone Msc.(Distance) from MDU ?Am I eligible for the PSU exam ?
6th July 2013, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

can i give a psu exam if i am a computer engineer student but now my age is 25yr and i got 60% in last year.
6th July 2013, 06:39 PM
Ravi dikshith

Being a candidate who have completed bachelor's degree in Engineering you have very good opportunities in many public sector companies but for grabbing those chances you need to qualify the Gate exam or IES exam. Because all the psu's have made it mandatory to qualify the exam. So i suggest you to write the various exams but getting qualified in the exams is not an easy task. It requires lot of preparation,hard work,enthusiasm because of the heavy competition. There are many coaching institutes which offer coaching to these exams.Some of them are Made Easy,Ace etc.They provide training for 1 year or you can also choose crash courses which will be completed in or months.

If you work hard for an year by completely concentrating on these exams then you can get into any of the PSU's. Some of the Psu's are:
  • ECIL
  • NTPC
  • IOCL
  • POWER GRID
  • B.H.E.L
  • B.E.L
  • H.A.L
  • S.A.I.L
  • G.A.I.L
These are some of the psu's in our country and all of them have mandatory that candidates must qualify the Gate exam. The qualified candidates will be asked to attend the interviews.So plan properly and without working hard you cannot achieve anything.

Wishing you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?