14th March 2016, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I join IAF after 12th at the age of 17 years?

My birth day is 27/10/1998, now I read in class 11th. Can I join Indian air-force after 12th class? (I am curious about my age, because to join IAF the age should be is 16.5_19 please answer me)Phone no.9836345406

14th March 2016, 07:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join IAF after 12th at the age of 17 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My birth day is 27/10/1998, now I read in class 11th. Can I join Indian air-force after 12th class? (I am curious about my age, because to join IAF the age should be is 16.5_19 please answer me)Phone no.9836345406
Those who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject are eligible for Indian Air Force exam through NDA exam.

As per age criteria, you are eligible for NDA exam after completion 12th standard.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
14th March 2016, 07:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join you have to appear and qualify in NDA examination.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board and age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination next year. The examination is conducted in two stages and candidate have to qualify in both stage for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th March 2016, 08:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join IAF after 12th at the age of 17 years through NDA exam.

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
14th March 2016, 09:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 10+2, you can apply for National Defence Academy examination for joining any wing of Defence. As you are interested in Air Force, you must be pursuing 10+2 in science stream with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates appearing for board examinations are also applicable for NDA/NA exam.

Now coming to age limit, the age limit for NDA/NA examination is 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam. As per your date of birth, you will be able to apply for NDA/NA examination when you will appear for board exams.

Prepare well for mathematics and general knowledge as these subjects will sail you through examination. Once you clear written exam, you will have to appear for Service Selection Board.
14th March 2016, 10:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA/NA examination after 10+2 for joining Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria:

*Indian Air Force requires that physics and mathematics in 10+2 standard.

*Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

*Female candidates are not eligible for NDA/NA exam.

You can apply for exam as you meet age criteria.
14th March 2016, 10:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air force and to join the same after your Class 12th you will need to clear NDA entrance examination.

--> NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the NDA entrance examination are conducted twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

--> To be eligible for joining Indian Air force after your higher secondary education the basic requirements which you must have are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* Your higher degree course must include English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects and it must be from a recognized board.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the requirement norms.

For more details about the same examination log on to the link www.upscexam.com or www.upsc.gov.in.
14th March 2016, 11:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air Force. Yes, you are eligible to appear for next year on in NDA II 2016.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Candidate must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper for recruitment in Air Force.

The examination is conducted in two stages and it is necessary to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?