25th July 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Can I join IIT after completion of Diploma in Computer Science with 55% of marks?

I have compeleted my diploma in computer science & % is around 55% second class so i wanted to know that whether i can join IIt or no

Related Questions:
12th September 2012, 08:06 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: Can I join IIT after completion of Diploma in Computer Science with 55% of marks?

No you can't join IIT with the qualification of Diplomo.
You have to write AIEEE exam and on the basis of your results you can apply for IIT.
So you have to prepare for AIEEE. visit this site www.aieee.nic.in and you can find details regarding when they are going to conduct the exam and where and all the application forms will be available etc.
28th November 2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join IIT after completion of Diploma in Computer Science with 55% of marks?

can i join iit after securing 81% marks in diploma??
28th November 2012, 05:00 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

No you may not join Indian Institute of Technology for the simple reason. IIT does not accept any candidate who has completed diploma in engineering. The process of admission in IT is such that diploma students can not apply for the job.

You see that to apply for admission in IIT, you have to appear for entrance exam commonly known as IIT-JEE. The criteria to appear for IIT-JEE entrance exam is 12th with PCM.

Now diploma students are not eligible because diploma course is not considered equal to 12th standard. Thus this rules out any possibility of them applying for the admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

The problem is that diploma students can not apply for competitive entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, ISEET etc. This also rules out possibility of taking admission in the National Institute of Technology.

Instead of appearing for these entrance exams, diploma candidates seek admission through lateral entry scheme. This scheme allows diploma candidates to take direct admission into the second year of engineering course.

But the problem is that IIT and NIT does not offer admission through lateral entry scheme as well. Therefore you should consider some other college if want admission for the B.Tech course.

Rest of the colleges in India do offer admission through lateral entry scheme. However you might have to appear for entrance exam known as Lateral Entry Engineering Test. Although there are several colleges in the country that will offer you admission on merit as well.
28th November 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

can i join IIT after complition of diploma in civil engineering
2nd April 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I join AIEEE College after completing polytechnic. If yes, what is the procedure for that? Please explain.
21st June 2013, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

can i join iit after diploma course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?