14th December 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after B.E Mechanical? I am studying 3rd year Mechanical

Can I join marchant navy after BE mechanical.? Now I am studying in 3rd year mechanical.
What is exactly requirement & procedure of joining of marchant navy.I don't anything about thing? Please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after B.E Mechanical? I am studying 3rd year Mechanical
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after studying B.E in Mechanical Engineering 3rd year
  3. What is the career for me in merchant navy after studying B.Tech in Mechanical branch
  4. UES exam for 3rd year Mechanical student for joining Indian Navy or Merchant Navy?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy after completing graduation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  6. How can I join merchant navy after studying mechanical engineering?
  7. How should I study for Merchant Navy? I am a 3rd year diploma in Mechanical Engineer
  8. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  10. Best way to join Merchant Navy for me being a candidate of 3rd year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical? -- [New]
  12. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing B.E Mechanical?
  13. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  14. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  15. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering?
  18. How should I join Merchant Navy as a merchant officer? I am a SY Mechanical Polytechnic student
15th December 2012, 10:49 AM
ibadsyed

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after B.E Mechanical? I am studying 3rd year Mechanical

Hi, Merchant Navy is a great choice for career enhancement.
There is a special pre sea training for Mechanical Engineers post which you will be eligible for joining Merchant Navy.

An entrance exam is conducted followed by a GD and PI and then admissions are made for this pre sea training course.

Please keep track in the leading newspapers for notifications and advertisements.
15th December 2012, 12:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after B.E Mechanical? I am studying 3rd year Mechanical

Merchant navy is responsible for goods transport. A large percentage of trade is done via sea. This is why the role of Merchant Navy is so significant. However this is not the reason why so many young candidates are interested in joining it.

Merchant Navy is your ticket to travel seven seas. Those who want to see different countries and love to travel find Merchant Navy as the perfect career option. I should also point out that the salary package for officer level jobs is also very good.

You can easily expect the salary into the 5 digit figure. There are also several perks that are associated with officer level jobs. This include taking your wife along on the voyage.

Since you are pursuing mechanical engineering, you are eligible for direct entry into the Merchant Navy. There are various jobs in Merchant Navy that are specifically related to mechanical engineering.

Although it is believed that only candidates with B.Sc in nautical science or marine engineering can apply for job in Merchant Navy. This is not entirely true. Candidates who have pursued Mechanical engineering are also eligible for the job.

Direct Entry

Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology can seek various jobs in the Merchant Navy. You can simply apply for the job and if get selected by the company, it would arrange a pre sea course in marine engineering for you.

The course has the duration of 9 months and it can be pursued from MERI. It is mandatory for the candidates who have completed B.Tech in mechanical/electrical/technology to undergo through this course.
15th December 2012, 06:46 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after B.E Mechanical? I am studying 3rd year Mechanical

Yes you can definitely join merchant navy after b.tech in mechanical engineering. For that you have to appear in an entrance exam conducted by Indian Maritime university (IMU). This course is known as graduate marine engineering course (GME). After selection you have to do an afloat training in some merchant training vessel and then you can join the merchant navy as a Vth engineer.
for more details please visit:- http://imu.tn.nic.in
15th December 2012, 10:37 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

As you are still in 3rd year there is lot more time to you to build up your personality in case of all the skills.

I suggest you to improve yourselves in all the directions.

The eligibly for merchant navy is as follows:

The candidate must be an Indian

The candidate must be unmarried

The candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Maths

The age limit of the candidate must be not more than 20 years

Thank you,

All the best.
16th February 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

hello sir , my self dharmendra patel.I want to join marine engg. but i do not no what step i persuit. i am in 7th semester .so please suggest me an accurate answe
20th February 2013, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

can i join marchant navy aftar B.E mechanical? what is the illigibility criteria.
5th July 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

hai sar iam studing in mechanical engineering finaleer iam sutable marchant navy job ? Which subject are improve
18th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the website name of adevertise of exam by gd pi after BE MECH
2nd May 2014, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

can I apply for merchant navy in the 3rd year of B.Tech as it is mentioned above that the age limit is 20?
5th June 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy as I am in 4th year now fromeeee branch
30th October 2014, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my b.tech. in mechanical engineering 3rd year. so sir please guide me that how can i join merchant navy and what is its eligibility criteria
7th March 2015, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I am in 3rd year doing mechanical engineering,am I eligible to join merchant navy and what are the procedure for the joining.
8th March 2016, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I'm student of B(hons) mechanical engineering first year student does I join merchant navy as an engineer in future after graduate
3rd May 2017, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to join Indian Navy I am completed my BE in mechanical engineering then what is the next process for mi to join Indian Navy ....Plz tell mi ...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?