8th August 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc non medical with 54% marks

My name is braham deep .i have done bSc non medical wth 54% marks.can i join merhant navy after graduation. please give me guidence. iam 28years old

15th June 2016, 08:43 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after doing BSc non medical with 54% marks

In order to join merchant navy, these three courses are best to apply for

1)B.SC in nautical science , a three year undergraduate program for those who have studied intermediate with physics, chemistry and mathematics. Only those candidates who have studied intermediate with physics, chemistry and mathematics can apply for nautical science course. Minimum marks required to study nautical science is 60% in intermediate. Admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in intermediate, without giving any entrance exam.

2)Other option is marine engineering, a engineering degree of four years at the undergraduate level, those who have studied intermediate with physics, chemistry and mathematics can apply study marine engineering ,entrance exam is required to get admission in marine engineering. Fees of the course is around 8 lakh rupees.

Apart from these two engineering degree in mechanical engineering is another option for joining merchant, which is a non direct entry in merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?