18th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after working in WIPRO Limited as Assistant engineer

hello sir,
i am working in Wipro ltd as Asset engineer and my age is 22 . can i join merchant navy I have completed graduation (B.com) and how and what i have to do please guide me. and please mail all details at [email protected]. i will be thankful to you.sir i had so much interest to do it,please guide me ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22nd June 2015, 02:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after working in WIPRO Limited as Assistant engineer

No,you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy .

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate having a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree can join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have passed Graduation degree without any backlogs with at least 60% marks in aggregate .

- The age limit to apply for the merchant navy should not be more than 25 years .

-The candidate should have an eyesight of 6/6 without color blindness.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

The selection procedure consists of

* Written Exam,.

* Physical Test,

* Medical Test, and

* Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?