27th June 2013, 03:20 PM
sajal nigam

Can I join Merchant Navy to take Maths, Commerce subject? How much percentage can I score in 12th class?

Sir can i join the merchant navy to take the subject maths commerce and
how many percant can score in 12th class.

14th September 2013, 03:47 PM
rojatangella

Thumbs up Re: Can I join Merchant Navy to take Maths, Commerce subject? How much percentage can I score in 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajal nigam View Post
Sir can i join the merchant navy to take the subject maths commerce and
how many percant can score in 12th class.
hai...........Sorry to say that Commerce student are not applicable for Indian Navy post .

But if you want to join in Indian Army then you are applicable for NDA exam otherwise nit .

NDA(national deffence academy) in conducted by the UPSC(union public service commission)twice in a year i.e, NDA I &NDA II. in every year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:-

You must have citizenship of India
You must be completed 12th standard from recognized state board of India
Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19years
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible

The pattern for NDA exam:-

If You can prepare well to your study books then you can definitely get admission in NDA.You can prepare now GK portion and Mathematics portion.

• Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.

• Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200)
Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400)

NDA I and NDA II exam date already over for this year so if you want to join in NDA then wait for next notification.

You can apply in NDA exam through UPSC website.You can apply here online process also.You have option for Offline system also.

For more detail regarding NDA visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in

all the best......
14th September 2013, 08:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy to take Maths, Commerce subject? How much percentage can I score in 12th class?

If you have take Commerce stream in 11th and 12th standard, then there is no way to apply in Merchant Navy. I am afraid but you missed out the opportunity. It is only possible if you have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Merchant Navy is responsible for a large percentage of global trade. Export/Import of crude Oil, Heavy Machinery etc can not be done via air. This is where Merchant Navy comes into picture. At present Merchant Navy is responsible for more than 90 percent of global trade.

Now to get a job in Merchant Navy you have two options. First is to complete 12th standard and then apply for deck cadet. Other is to go for graduation course so that you can get officer level jobs.

The courses to go after are B.Sc Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

Eligibility

1. You should have finished 12th standard.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be subjects.

3. Candidate should be unmarried.

4. Age limit is 25 years.

5. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

After completing graduation course you can apply for the officer level jobs in Merchant Navy. However candidates who have completed B.Tech course in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology are also eligible for the job.

They will have to apply for the 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering. This course is offered by MERI.

As for deck cadet candidates, 12th should be completed with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as the subjects. After which they will have to go through 3 months long pre sea training.
14th September 2013, 09:17 PM
EFDRTG

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy to take Maths, Commerce subject? How much percentage can I score in 12th class?

Dear user

First of all i would like to let you know that minimum eligiblity for Merchant navy is 10th standard.
Greater educated can also apply
Any board students can apply.
any stream student can apply.
there is no percentage cutoff.

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?