15th October 2016, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Genetic Engineering having PCB and Biotechnology as 5th subject in 12 class?

Sir, I am a 12 class student of PCB stream.. Along with biotechnology as my 5th main subject. I want to know that whether I will be able to go for genetic engineering? Or is there anything else that I can do in biotech.. Plz guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I pursue Genetic engineering without Maths?
  2. Is Maths compulsory to get admission in Biotechnology? Which field of Biotechnology requires Mathematical knowledge?
  3. Am I eligible to pursue B.Tech in Biotechnology after completing class 12th (PCB and IP)? What is the procedure to get admission?
  4. How to do biotechnology after passing 12th with PCB? List of B.Tech and M.Tech colleges?
  5. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  6. What is the scope of biotechnology and genetic engineering? What are the job opportunities?
  7. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  8. What should I opt as my 5th subject with PCB? should I opt psycho or PE as my 5th subject and German as my 6th subject?
  9. What is the difference between Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which of them has more career opportunities?
  10. How is it possible to study Genetic Engineering in Ahmedabad? -- [New]
  11. What should I do to make career in Biotechnology being a 12th student?
  12. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  13. Minimum qualification required to pursue Biotechnology Genetic Human? Procedure for admission?
  14. Which Entrance Exams should I give to do Genetic Engineering being a student of 12th Class? Job Opportunities after completion of this course from these colleges?
  15. Can I pursue Biotechnology if I did not have Biology as a subject in class 12th?
  16. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
  17. Which course is better in B.Tech between Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering?
  18. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India -- [Most Discussed]
15th October 2016, 04:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Genetic Engineering having PCB and Biotechnology as 5th subject in 12 class?

Genetics engineering as following eligibility criteria:

*Those who have done 10+2 with either PCM or PCB subjects are eligible for genetic engineering. You need to have 50% or more marks in 10+2 to apply for genetic engineering course.

*Genetic engineering candidate can apply for Joint Entrance exam. JEE exam will help you get admission in IIT or NIT.

You are eligible for Genetic engineering.
15th October 2016, 05:10 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Genetic Engineering having PCB and Biotechnology as 5th subject in 12 class?

It is necessary to take physics, Chemistry ,Maths and Biology in 12th class to do genetic engineering in future. Because physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology are main subjects ,only after studying these subject you are eligible to apply for genetic engineering course.

The admission in top colleges will be based on the entrance examination and you must have very good rank in it to get admission into top college.
15th October 2016, 06:29 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** B.Tech. Genetic Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Genetic Engineering is an undergraduate Genetic Engineering course.

** The duration of this course is four years.

** As per my knowledge, yes you are eligible to pursue Genetic Engineering having PCB and Biotechnology as 5th subject in 12 class.
15th October 2016, 07:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a 12 class student of PCB stream.. Along with biotechnology as my 5th main subject. I want to know that whether I will be able to go for genetic engineering? Or is there anything else that I can do in biotech.. Plz guide me.
No, you are not eligible for Genetic Engineering course.

Because PCM is compulsory for genetic engineering course. PCB candidates are not eligible for engineering entrance exam.

But you can do B.Sc in Biotechnology.
15th October 2016, 08:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Genetic engineering, one must meet following eligibility criteria:

Either you have done 10+2 with PCM or PCB subject group or appearing for board exams.

If you have done, you need to have to at least 50% marks in board exam. If you are appearing for board exam then make sure, you score above 50% marks.

Apply for Joint Entrance Examination to get admission in top engineering colleges of India.

You can pursue Genetic Engineering having PCB and Biotechnology in 10+2.
15th October 2016, 09:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Genetic Engineering i.e; B.Tech with Genetic engineering stream is a bachelor degree course of four years for which the minimum educational qualification is a Class 12th with Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics as main subjects with genetics as a part of Biology from a recognized board of education. Students having completed their bachelor of Science degree with Microbiology are also eligible for the same course.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate with PCB stream you are not eligible for Genetic engineering as for the same Mathematics is compulsory. But with the same qualification you are eligible for Biotechnology in which you can study Genetic engineering a subsidiary course if you are keen to pursue Genetic engineering.
15th October 2016, 09:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Genetic engineering from any good engineering college, you must fulfill following eligibility criteria:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Mathematics or Biology Subject group. In this group other subjects include, Physics and Chemistry.

2. You should have 50% marks or more in 10+2.

3. You can clear any engineering entrance exams like JEE, VITEEE, SRMEEE, BITSAT etc to get admission in this discipline of engineering.

Candidate with PCB and biotechnology can pursue Genetic engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?