8th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I sit for IAS Exam pursuing my 3rd year of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

presently i am pursuading my b-tech 3rd year in mechanical stream,will i be eligible to sit for IAS the exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream
  2. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  3. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  4. IAS exam after B.Tech (CS) 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a 3rd year student pursuing B.E -- [New]
  6. Is it true that very few are selected from commerce stream in IAS?
  7. How to do internship at L&T during summer vacations? I am pursuing 3rd year Mechanical engineering
  8. What should I do to become an IAS officer? I am pursuing B.tech 2nd year in mechanical stream
  9. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  10. What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in EEE?
  11. Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?
  12. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  13. What's the procedure to join UES for girls? I am pursuing B.Tech(3rd year) with mechanical branch
  14. Which books should I refer for IAS exam? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  15. Which are the good universities offering MS in design field? What are the courses related to design? I am pursuing engineering 3rd year in mechanical stream
  16. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  17. How to sit for prestigious IAS exam? I am pursuing BSc Physics(Hons)
  18. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
8th July 2011, 10:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for IAS Exam pursuing my 3rd year of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
presently i am pursuading my b-tech 3rd year in mechanical stream,will i be eligible to sit for IAS the exam?
Only Final year Graduate Candidates are eligible for IAS examination, The examination was conducted by UPSC every year and to become IAS officer You need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination.

And to apply for This examination Candidates Must have completed his Graduation degree course and Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for Civil services examination.

So, Please apply for this examination only when you are appearing your final year examination, And to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, The general candidates may appear for this examination only 4 times.

The Notification was published every year in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC website, And you have to appear for the 2 Exams First Preliminary Examination and Then Final Examination. Eligible candidates apply for this examination Online, The UPSC have already changed the Preliminary examination Pattern and in this examination there are 2 paper of same marks and same duration and all the questions are objective type.

And if You want to get More information then please visit the UPSC official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th July 2011, 11:25 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I sit for IAS Exam pursuing my 3rd year of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

dear sir ,

now at this moment means in the 3rd year of b.tech you are not eligible to appear in the
ias exam.

the graduated candidate with the age between 21 to 30 years is allowed to give the ias exam.( for obc candidates there is relaxation of 3 years and for sc /st category candidates there is relaxation of 5 years more than the upper age limit)

dear sir you can attempt for the ias exam when you will in the final year of graduation.

for more information about this exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
8th July 2011, 11:27 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear sir ,

now at this moment means in the 3rd year of b.tech you are not eligible to appear in the
ias exam.

the graduated candidate with the age between 21 to 30 years is allowed to give the ias exam.( for obc candidates there is relaxation of 3 years and for sc /st category candidates there is relaxation of 5 years more than the upper age limit)

dear sir you can attempt for the ias exam when you will in the final year of graduation.

for more information about this exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
8th July 2011, 11:28 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
now you can not seat in IAS exam , for this atleast you should be a graduate.
criteria for entrance exam for IAS ,
*age 21-32 yrs
*general candidate can appear 4 time
*sc & st can appear 7 times
etc.......
for more information you can go to thier site http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2011, 01:23 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

No you can not sit for IAS.

Only graduates and final year students are eligible for IAS.

But if selected, then final years students have to show their certificate of passing at the time of interview.

So you can apply next year.

But you can start preparation from now...

To become an IAS you have to complete your graduation first in any stream from any recognized university....that is the only educational criteria....then take a look at the following things.

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

2. You should have good knowledge in current affairs and social issues.
[Because you need to have very strong in that]

So if you fulfill the above conditions, you can easily crack IAS exam.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th July 2011, 01:47 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for the IAS examination is Graduation from a recognized university and the candidate must has age between 21-30 years.

As you have not completed your Graduation till now you are not eligible for the IAS examination.

You can apply for the IAS after completing your graduation course.

Best Wishes....
9th July 2011, 02:45 AM
namit_sahu21
Member+

While pursuing third year B.TECH you cannot take the IAS exam because for appearing in these exam you should be graduate or in final year of your graduation.

So you are not eligible for this exams this year. You should try for it in the next year.

Good Luck...
9th July 2011, 06:27 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

after graduatin you able to seat in IAS exam

but now you are in 3rd year ,
SO after 1 year you give the exam.

you prepare well this 1 year to get IAS.

IAS criteria:-

age 21 to 30 years

5 years SC/ST relax

3 years for OBC

* attempts 4 times for general
7 times for OBC
no limits for SC/ST
9th July 2011, 09:05 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Information Regarding IAS examination.

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year. IAS examination is also known as the Civil services examination. To appear in the IAS examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification : Graduation in any stream.

Age Limit : The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belongs to reservation category.

If you are studying in the 3rd year B.Tech course then you can apply for IAS examination in the final year of B.Tech The minimum age must be 21 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

For any more information regarding IAS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
9th July 2011, 09:18 AM
hardeep002

Smile Re: Can I sit for IAS Exam pursuing my 3rd year of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

you should have graduation complete for ias
thank you
best of luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?