10th June 2011, 08:04 PM
Pramod Naiwal

Can I submit OBC certificate by hand to the IITs?

Can I sybmit the OBC certifitate by hand to the IITs? ..please tell me if it is possible

12th June 2011, 12:09 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I submit OBC certificate by hand to the IITs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pramod Naiwal View Post
Can I sybmit the OBC certifitate by hand to the IITs? ..please tell me if it is possible
Yes, you have to submit the OBC certificate in IIT, If you have apply for OBC quota. You have to submit the OBC certificate at the time of submit your IIT application form, But if yu have not submitted at that time, then you have directly visit the IIT campus and submit there.

And If you will not be able to visit there, then please dont worry, you can also submit the OBC Certificate at the time of councelling. So when your councelling start, then yo can show your certificate along with all documents and proves. So, To submit the OBC certificate is mandatory.

And if you will be able to visit the IIT campus where you have submit your form, then you can also submit your OBC certificate directly form there, And i think you have a address of IIT, So, Please dont worry so much, You can submit later also at the time of councelling. So its your wish, If you are interested to submit certificate by hand to the IITs, then its good Other wise submit at the time of councelling. And for more information please contact the IIT concerned department.
12th June 2011, 12:29 PM
indian007

Yes
you can submit your obc category certificate by hand also.
You can submit it either with form submission or when you are called for counceling.
12th June 2011, 12:42 PM
ajinkyachowdhury

DETAILED Procedure for couselling of OBC, SC, ST, PD, DS CANDIDATES
They have to come in person to IIT, IT BHU, ISM DHANBAD as per option exercised by them at the time of filling the form for JEE.
In sace of medical reason if a candidate is unable to attend he can authorise parent/ guardian to attend on his behaf (they need to produce medical certificate to this effect in the counselling).
Certificate required
counselling letter
JEE admit card
Original & 2 photocopy of category certificate as per format in JEE brochure
Completed admission form with photo
Undertaking form
Printed locked choices form
Medical exam fitness report
Demand draft of Rs 1000/-
MAIN PURPOSE FOR APPEARING IN PERSON IS TO VERIFY CATEGORY CERTIFICATE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RENDER YOU IN ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION UNDER CATEGORY.
12th June 2011, 12:46 PM
miiky

If you belongs to OBC category then you should apply in IIT in OBC category. If you did not fill the form in OBC category, then you will not get rank in OBC category. You will get rank only in general category.
So, if you belongs in OBC category then, don't forget to fill the form in OBC category.
12th June 2011, 02:53 PM
munnaaa

yes... you can submit the OBC certificate at the time of counselling process.
but it should be clearly mentioned as you belong to non-creamy layer of OBC category...
12th June 2011, 05:15 PM
04rust

yes you can submit your certificate by hand but make sure you have applied under the OBC quota.
at the time of counseling remember to carry your certificate. there are alloted days for OBC counseling make sure you dont miss that...
all the best hope you make into an IIT.
12th June 2011, 08:07 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can submit the OBC certificate by hand to the IIT's but that must be submitted before the cut off list.So if you had already filled the admission form then try to submit it before the last day of form submission otherwise you will be considered in the GENERAL category.
12th June 2011, 10:55 PM
tiwari ayush

no u can not summit it by hand as there aree certain procedure that to follwed for it that are mentioned in the broture

best of luck!!
19th November 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

i have already registered for iit jee 2012 offline.i gave mailing address as my present address.my permanent adress isnt asked anywhere in form.but i will recieve my obc(ncl) certificate in my permanent adress.will my obc(ncl) certificate be valid due to changes in address in my iit application form and obc(ncl)certificate.please answer me soon.............
12th February 2012, 02:28 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you have directly visit the IIT campus and submit it,If you will not be able to visit there, then please dont worry, you can also submit the OBC Certificate at the time of councelling. So when your councelling start, then yo can show your certificate along with all documents and proves. So, To submit the OBC certificate is mandatory. if you will be able to visit the IIT campus where you have submit your form, then you can also submit your OBC certificate directly form there, And i think you have a address of IIT, So, Please dont worry so much,
29th January 2013, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

sir i have applied gate 2013 exam in obc non creamy layer catagory but i belong to obc creamy layer then in the counsilling in which catagory i get the rank?
29th January 2013, 10:30 AM
govinddad

sir i have applied for gate 2013 exam in obc non creamy layer catagory by mistake.but actually i belong obc creamy layer .at the counsilling process in which catogory i get the seat?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?