2nd June 2012, 12:42 PM
anjali rani123

Can I take both Economics and Psychology to prepare for civil services exam?

Can I take both 'Economics' and 'Phsycology' as a ''some optional subject '' for the prepartion of CIVIL services exam?

6th June 2012, 03:58 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take both Economics and Psychology to prepare for civil services exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjali rani123 View Post
Can I take both 'Economics' and 'Phsycology' as a ''some optional subject '' for the prepartion of CIVIL services exam?
The provision of Optional Subjects is only in the second stage of the Civil Service Examination known as the Main Exam. In the first stage , i.e. Preliminary Exam, you will have to write two paper and both will be compulsory in nature. The two papers of the Preliminary Examination is based on the following subject areas:
Paper I:General Studies
Paper II: Civil Service Aptitude Test
Now, as per your question, you can definitely take Economics and Psychology as your optional subjects.

As per the Union Public Service Commissions guidelines, candidates are not allowed to take only the following combination as optional subjects:
  • Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
  • Commerce and Management
  • Anthropology and Sociology
  • Maths and Statistics
  • Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  • Management and Public Administration
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
  • Any two branches of engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?