10th November 2010, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

i want to join in CIA but i'm a indian citizen .can i join this ?

10th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

hi friend,

Sorry friend, Only US citizens can join this Central Intelligence Agency , no other nationality is allowed.
If you are really interested in that you must apply for US citizenship . For this you must be over 18 years of age and currently in possession of a Permanent Resident Card that you have had for at least 5 consecutive years. If you obtained a Green Card through marriage to a U.S. citizen, then you can apply for citizenship after only 3 years. Also note that during the filing process, you must reside in the U.S. until you are admitted to citizenship. Visit the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services at USCIS.gov for a detailed list of current eligibility requirements.
23rd November 2010, 12:09 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,CIA is an american investigation agency like in our country CBI doesn't allow any foreign citizen to be it's member until he/she would not take the indian citizenship,similarly CIA doesn't permit foreigner to be the part of CIA until he/she will not take american citizenship.
13th January 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

i want to join cbi...... i am a bcom graduate .... i always have interest in any sort o investigation......... is there any chance that i can be a part of cbi ?
14th January 2011, 07:18 PM
sonu1234

why you want to join CIA. if you so much interested in intelligence than you can join CBI or RAW.
14th January 2011, 10:54 PM
rihhu
Member+

hi it is not possible for as you are not a citizen of america for that you need to be citizen of america and for that my friend has given you the procedure

you can also join cbi and that is for indians

all the best
good luck
15th January 2011, 12:04 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

no indian citizen can not join CIA,you must have a US residential permit.
15th January 2011, 10:09 PM
rahul_kumar066

No, an Indian Citizen can't Join CIA. Because it is american agency and for being a part of it one must be citizen of america.
15th March 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

but u can can work as an under cover
7th June 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Is qulification matter for cia i mean univercity as in fbi
in fbi univercity must be recognised by us secratry
or is there any physical test as in fbi
onli experenced person ans.
25th August 2011, 06:47 PM
sweetson

Smile Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

yes i am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
19th September 2011, 12:39 PM
deepak ugare

Thumbs up Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

i am working interast in cia
19th September 2011, 12:46 PM
deepak ugare

Thumbs up Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

i am working interast in cia
7th December 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

hey guys how can an indian student become cia under cover agent??
4th January 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

how a indian make cia under cover agent
4th February 2012, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

U dont actually have to be US citizens for sure to be a CIA.. Guys use ur brains.. How can an American Citizen always easily do an overseas undercover operation.. Its always its indian channels or agents or contractors who do it.. Sure they have their direct employee factions working all over the world.. hope this helps..
Getting into the CIA is purely left to their discreeting buddy, but u can always apply.. they might also track and probably call or get u directly rather than have a process oriented recruitment..
9th October 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I am working interast in cia please
14th February 2013, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a indian citizen 22 yr's old i complete B.com can i join cia? or cbi?
26th May 2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am Indian citizen18 yr's old ,so I am vary interested in CIA can I joine it?
26th May 2013, 05:22 PM
Srushtibitti

HI........

CIA is an american investigation agency like in our cyou are not a citizen of america for

that you need to be citizen of america and for that my friend has given you the procedure

you can also join cbi and that is for indians

OK.........
9th June 2013, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

can a 14 tears old boys join cia?
10th August 2013, 10:09 PM
special agent

Talking Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

i am a CIA agent......and i will find you and kill you :-D
13th November 2013, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Who is special tangent ? He was tell , I am a CIA agent ... and I will find you and kill you - D. Who is that, da thayoli Ne malaualiye undakkan padippikkallle ninne vitta Panama and keralathil kettoda nayintte makane
2nd February 2014, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

well guys u have a lot of questions and answers getting into the intel..let me ask you first. whats your IQ in slate. how fit are you..can u give me 125 push ups and run atleast 8 km without stopping or water..can u bounce down the water and stay more than 3 minutes underwater.. can u handle military exercise for 12 months. if yes u can beat any guys in raw or IB. why not cbi is u wud get a desk job and u wont like it. u have to trust urself first. once u think u can..send me ur resume's to my email add. [email protected].

thanks,
sanjeev. ex IB operator. delhi.
8th October 2014, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Is raw exciting than cia?
14th December 2014, 01:25 AM
shakeelkhans

I m shakeel from delhi , actually I want to join cia so how can join pls tell me or inform to me my local add d211 ground floor gandhi vihar delhi 110009 , this is my contact no.8882740378/8512010514o
2nd February 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

Quote:
no you cant
i am an cia agent only the citizen of america can be a cia agent
18th September 2015, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
No as an indian you cannot join CIA. It recruits only american citizen.
However you may trying getting into the indian military or paramilitary forces and check for internal job postings in IB or RAW
20th March 2017, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

I am a Indian citizen and I am studying b.com cs 3rd year and I am join CIA I like for CIA MY Inspired for CIA officer
and I am join CIA special agent
6th March 2019, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I and my friends can join in CIA and we are Indian citizens so we can get oppertunities and we are 8th std
5th August 2020, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I am a indian citizen I am studying 8th standed I can join CIA special agent. I accept any trouble. I give my life in CIA. I am also in NCC [national cadet crops] . pls ans.
5th August 2020, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a Indian citizen I am studying 8th standed . I am 13th year old. I can join CIA special agent. I accept any trouble. I give my life in CIA. I am also in NCC [national cadet crops]. pls ans.
6th August 2020, 07:54 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

The Central Intelligence Agency(CIA) is a civilian foreign intelligence service of the federal government of the United States. You must be a citizen of the United States when you apply to work for the Central Intelligence Agency.

So Indian Citizen can't Join CIA. Because it is american agency and for being a part of it one must be citizen of america.
7th August 2020, 07:44 PM
deepikapandey9999

Believe me; if they were available and trainable, the CIA would have hired Mother Teresa or Princess Di. Bottom line; whomever appears to be the least likely is the most valuable!

Former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency William Colby use to say; that one of the most successful ability to be a CIA asset was his ability to be seated at a Coffee Shop and blending-in with all others!
9th August 2020, 12:25 PM
deepikapandey9999

Joining the FBI requires an applicant to be a U.S. citizen and to live in the U.S. or its territories for at least 3 to 5 years. You must also be a graduate with 4 years of college degree & have minimum 3 years of professional experience in your related field. You also need to be in good physical condition & have to pass the physical fitness test.

You can read more about FBI in detail here:

In order to be recruited you need to be more than average. Just qualifying the minimum requirements is not enough as hundreds of people apply regularly.

Foreign Language

You can increase your chances by learning foreign languages (you can see their requirements on the site). That can be an advantage for you being outside US. But in order to qualify, you need to have a high level of proficiency in them, beyond just speaking. This area is a very much in demand in several agencies. You can use it for increasing your chances.

Military

If you don't have good work experience or to further increase the chances, you might wanna consider joining military. Serving several years in military can be advantageous as you'll already have combat experience & several skills required. Try to focus on increasing your skill set through out the time. Although this can be an advantage for field agents, different agencies you mentioned have different requirements, so joining military may not be a guarantee to be recruited.

Cultural-Geographical Knowledge

It is required for you to have different cultural & geographical knowledge. Be aware of what's happening around the world - in quite detail. Know about different culture, this may increase your chances of being recruited but also help you in work.

Make sure you qualify the minimum requirements & have a lot extra to offer. The more skills you've, the better. It's not gonna be a normal job, you can't just join them & show off. Most of the time your true identity might have to be kept closely. And you must convince the employer that you're worth it. He/she got hundreds of applicants just like you. Why should the Agency choose you instead of them?

Also, most of these agencies have several different career options, not just field agents. There are a lot of other people involved who're equally (or sometimes more important) than the field agents. Even a foreign language interpreter plays an important role in interrogations. What you hear & see in the movies is just a small fraction of a big agency like FBI or CIA. The achievements are result of the work done by several people working in different areas. So be open to accept this fact, and see which position do you compete the best and apply accordingly.

Not to forget the basics, you need to have a really clean record. Do a little Google search and you'll get plenty of answers and tips. But always be aware that chances of recruitment is very low, thousands of people apply every month. If you're really passionate about it, then keep chasing the dream. If you fail in first attempt, work on improving your chances next time- get more skills & experience and continue to do so.
13th August 2020, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I not interest in Indian agency. I want to became a US citizen. India has many politics. I studying 8th standard I watch a film agent cody banks then I know CIA and I interest in CIA.
13th August 2020, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I not interest in Indian agency. I want to became US citizen. India has many politics. I studying 8th standard I watch a film agent cody banks then I know CIA and interested in CIA.
15th August 2020, 05:03 PM
chin6303

Angry Re: Can an Indian Citizen Join CIA?

No, you must be a citizen of the United States when you apply to work for the Central Intelligence Agency. The CIA does not assist individuals in applying for US citizenship.

Indian Citizen can't Join CIA. Because it is american agency and for being a part of it one must be citizen of america
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?