3rd May 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Can a student of B.Ed EEE apply for IFS?

can a student of b-ed eee apply for ifs...please tell me if its possible

4th May 2012, 07:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student of B.Ed EEE apply for IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
IFS stands for Indian Forest Services and the examination for the same can be taken by candidate holding a bachelors degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in any Engineering discipline. However, a candidate holding a degree in any other discipline may also apply for the examination provided he/she have studied any of the following subjects at bachelors level:
  • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary-Science-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Physics-Statistics-Zoology.

Age limit:
  • The minimum eligible age to take the examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is as follows:
  • For candidates belonging to General Category-30 years
  • For candidates belonging to Sc/St Category-35 years
  • For candidates belonging to OBC Category-33 years
For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
9th May 2012, 09:55 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can a student of B.Ed EEE apply for IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any graduate student can apply for the Indian Forest service examination. IFS examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidates as an Indian forest officer. The eligibility required for this examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the Indian forest service examination a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Indian Forest Service examination.

Age Limit
For the IFS examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.
Relaxation in age is given to reserved category students. The relaxation to different category students is given below:

- SC/ST 5 year relaxation

- OBC 3 year relaxation

- PH 5 year relaxation

- PH+SC/ST 10 years relaxation

-PH+OBC 8 year relaxation

For more information on Indian forest service examination you can also visit at the below given web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?