15th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can a student suffering from Cerebral Pulsy pursue medical stream?

my daguter is a student of class VII.she is cerebral pulsy and her mental health is okay but she can not walk or move without support.Her mother is always helps her.
She wants to be medical student in future.
will she can?
what is the rouls?give me details.

27th January 2012, 06:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a student suffering from Cerebral Pulsy pursue medical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my daguter is a student of class VII.she is cerebral pulsy and her mental health is okay but she can not walk or move without support.Her mother is always helps her.
She wants to be medical student in future.
will she can?
what is the rouls?give me details.
As cerebral Palsy is a group disorders that can involve brain and nervous functions such as movements, learning, hearing, seeing and thinking it might be a little difficult. However, if she can write properly and have a sound control over her brain, then things can be positive. There are various real stories and instances were a child with certain disability has come out of all the adversities to do well in life and live their ambition in the real world.

To pursue her medical future she needs to take up science in class 12 and need to sit for competitive medical entrance examination after 10+2 to apply for admission. All these things require a lot of mental strength and control over her mind.

You as a parent need to support her all the time and boost her self confidence. Read her stories from past where people have come out of their shell to become successful in life. Read her motivational stories, even you can show her motivational videos. Preparation has to be done from now to make her competitive enough for the future. I would advice you to speak to her daughter and also visit psychologist time to time to motivate her.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?