29th October 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Can an Undergraduate apply for B.Ed course?

Can an undergraduate apply for the B.Ed course?

1st November 2011, 09:50 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an Undergraduate apply for B.Ed course?

No, you cannot apply for the B.Ed course. The minimum eligibility criterion for the B.Ed is a graduation. The graduation can be in any discipline. You need to attend the entrance exam as part of joining for this course. Some institutes insist for at least 50% of marks in the graduation level.
2nd November 2011, 09:35 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

No my friend.

The minimum required qualification to apply for B. Ed course is that you must be a graduate in any discipline.

B.Ed is a course basically to certify you for teaching purposes. So you have to have some knowledge of higher studies.

That is why complete your graduation in some stream and then you would be shown a green signal for the B. Ed course.

Take care.
2nd November 2011, 09:40 AM
matriyadav1511

you can apply for b.ed if you are in final year of graduation or you have already completed your graduation . minimum % of marks required vary from 55-60% for general(depends on institution , also on its level i.e. is it at state or central level, 45- 50% for sc, st reservations.
2nd November 2011, 05:17 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get admission in B.ed course you have to first complete the graduation..

After completion of graduation in any trade with 45% aggregate you can apply for B.ed course...

There is no other criteria to apply for B.ed course...

All the best..
2nd November 2011, 08:23 PM
susmitarani sethi
Member+

No, you cannot apply for the B.Ed course. The minimum eligibility criterion for the B.Ed is a graduation. The graduation can be in any discipline. You need to attend the entrance exam as part of joining for this course. Some institutes insist for at least 50% of marks in the graduation level.
2nd November 2011, 08:41 PM
tejesh_09

No, one can not apply for B.ED. courses being an under graduate.

Minimum educational qualification required for B.ED. courses is graduation degree in any stream of education. B. ED. that is Bachelor in Education is basically a training program to trained a teacher to educate the future young of a country. So no doubt it is a challenging job for B.ED. aspirants.
30th November 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of b.a general and my subjects are philosophy, sanskrit, and bengali.can i do b.ed after my gradution???????????????????/ple help me.if there is any other option ple tell me
27th September 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I have done 3 years diploma in fashion design. I am currently working as a primary teacher in a private school. Now they are asking for B.ed. How do I do the same without graduation? Is there a way out?
27th November 2012, 02:26 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can an undergraduate apply for the B.Ed course?
Hi,
Well being undergraduate is not a possibility for B.Ed. so in this stage you cannot do B.Ed. My suggestion will be not to be so hasty and first finish off your graduation. Target at least 50-55% marks in your graduation. Lots of B.Ed. colleges have percentage criteria and they do not take people unless they are at least 50-55% or more in their graduation. After this you will have to sit for the B.Ed. entrance examination held by that institute. On clearing that you can be B.Ed. student.
27th November 2012, 06:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Firstly you need to specific the term under graduate. You see in US, under graduate means someone with Bachelor degree while in India under graduate means someone who has only competed school studies.

Bachelor degree like BA, B.Com, B.Sc are considered graduate degrees in India while under graduate degrees in United States. I will address the query using Indian phrase.

If you have completed graduation degree like BA, B.Com then you can apply for the Bachelor of Education course. Generally those who are interested in school teaching go for this course.

Here is the requirement.

1. A graduation degree in any discipline.

2. Minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. OBC candidates need 45 percent marks.

4. SC/ST need 40 percent marks.

5. Your educational pattern should be 10+2+3.

After completing Bachelor of Education, you may apply for the Central Teachers Eligibility Test to become government teacher.
27th November 2012, 07:22 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,,

No you can not apply for the B.Ed course because the minimum eligibility for B.Ed course is graduate. so dear you are not eligible for B.Ed couse. when you will appear of final year exam you are eligible for this course. there are mark limitation in some B.Ed college some 50% and some take 60%
27th November 2012, 11:42 PM
utsav9
Member+

24th November 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

show me about d.ed course in mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?