23rd July 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Can we become scientists after doing B.Tech? Which field is the best?

Can we become scientist after doing our B.tech . and if yes which field would it be the best ?
please help me !..

Related Questions:
15th May 2016, 09:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we become scientists after doing B.Tech? Which field is the best?

Yes, why not, you can become scientist after completion of Bachelor of Technology but you will have to apply for various entrance exams so as to get admission in different organizations for research work and innovation.

You can apply for following entrance exams:

>>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering for admission in organizations like Indian Space Research Organization and IISC, Bangalore.

>>BARC Entrance examination.

You can crack any of above exams in order to become scientist in given organization.
16th May 2016, 12:52 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can we become scientists after doing B.Tech? Which field is the best?

Scientists are top notch people who put in a lot of hard wok in doing research and finding what has not already been found by humans on Earth. Though this is a very generic statement, I would say scientists are people who with knowledge of science and existing theories try to research and explore newer things to advance into the future!

It is really nice if you wish to become a scientist. However, please note a few important points before you start your journey towards it:

1. IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY

2. It would take years for you to gain academic excellence, top in your schools and colleges and even post graduation before getting into reserach.

3. Doing B.Tech can be considered as starting step towards it. I would suggest you that Scientists do a lot of diverse fields and so you need not compromise on the subjects that you study. Here are the top B.Tech streams that you can study:

a. Electronics and Communication
b. Information Technology/Computer Science
c. Mechanical Engineering
d. Electrical Engineering
e. Civil Engineering

Always remember that for becoming successful in B.Tech domain you should target IITs and to get into IITs you have to crack the toughest entrance exam IIT JEE. Once you have cleared it and studied B.Tech for full 4 years on a particular subject, going for M.Tech is a wonderful idea. It would help you gain expertise on that particular subject for 2 more years before you can actually start your journey as a researcher or PHD Person.

For M.TECH from the top colleges you have to sit for exam called GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is also not easy. but as said before, becoming a scientist is no joke.

If you manage to do everything right till here, youl would be employeed in any of the top government organizations such as ONGC, NTPC, BHEL, BEL, ISRO etc and would soon be on your way to become a successful scientist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?