2nd February 2011, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

Can we move from one institute to another with a better GATE score in the next year?

If my GATE score is low and I take admission in any institute (say institute 1) this year, then is their any problem if I shift to another better institute (say institute 2) next year with a better GATE score? Is their any problem leaving institute 1 halfway after studying for only 1 year and receiving scholarship or not? Please inform me.

2nd February 2011, 11:54 AM
xavi

Default Re: Can we move from one institute to another with a better GATE score in the next year?

freind,

Definitely one may move but first have to drop yourself from the current institution and one have do a readmission in the institution in which u want to join....

all the best
2nd February 2011, 11:57 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we move from one institute to another with a better GATE score in the next year?

i think you may do it but you will not avail scholarship in next institution. after taking admission in one institution after one year if you do well in GATE and take admission in other good institution then you may take admission but you will not get the scholarship any more.

i am not sure about it. i will suggest you contact with IIT GATE office to know the exact information.

but i will suggest after taking admission in M.Tech with GATE score you should not try for GATE in next year. in M.Tech there are lots of pressure of study. you should concentrate on your study. if you study well then you will get good opportunity from that institution also.

best wishes.
2nd February 2011, 02:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

According To My Knowledge Yes, You Can Move from One Institute to Another with a better GATE score in the next year. So, Its Better If You Can Consults With The GATE Authority, Because They Will Helps You Better And Provide You the Full And Correct Information Regarding You Have Changed Or Not.

But If You Got Admission In Some College, Then I Will Suggest You Dont Think To Change It And Please Concentrate In Your Study. Dont worry If You Have Not scored Well Marks. And Its Good For You That You will Get Admission In M.tech In some College.

So, If You Again Appear In GATE Exams, And If you Have Scored Good Marks In That, Then I Think You Can Move From One Colleges To Another.

But Its Better, If You Can Consult With The Concerned Department, They Will Guide You Properly.
2nd February 2011, 03:26 PM
rahul_kumar066

I think you could move forward with one problem. Problem is TIME , you will loose 1year in transformation. And another factor is depend upon any college rule and regulation.
2nd February 2011, 06:48 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

I hope you can join to another Institute if you score well in GATE for the second attempt.But since you have to submit your educational certificates to the Institute you wish to join first,hence it will be a bit trouble for you to get back the certificates which your going to submit when joining the first Institute.

Therefore you need to contact with the respected college officials about this matter.In many of the cases the college authorities may ask you to pay the full fee's and take back your certificates.Hence it will be a problem for you to join in other Institute.

Make sure that you wish to change your Institute if you have secured a seat in IIT's or any of the top NIT's in your second attempt.
2nd February 2011, 07:47 PM
saba fawaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If my GATE score is low and I take admission in any institute (say institute 1) this year, then is their any problem if I shift to another better institute (say institute 2) next year with a better GATE score? Is their any problem leaving institute 1 halfway after studying for only 1 year and receiving scholarship or not? Please inform me.
Dear friend,
coming to first part of your question,
you can definitely apply for Gate exam next year even if
you are already pursuing M.Tech at any institute.
By scoring high percentile you can get addmission in better
institute and can leave previous college as such,hardly your fee will be remitted.It will definitely waste your one year but getting addmission in good college is far good.
coming to next part of your question for scholarships,you can get it if your percentile score is high,Also it depends on policy of institutions also.
hope this answers your question.
3rd February 2011, 08:59 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

As you have already admitted in an institute with a GATE score, i will suggest not to change it at this situation.

And though you can score a better one in the next year GATE exam, it will not be good to leave your present institute which will be harmful for your studies and waste of time.

So better carry on with your present institute and complete M.tech with good marks.

Good luck!
3rd February 2011, 04:33 PM
rks_estate

Dear,

No, you cannot move from one institute to another institute with a better GATE score in the next year.

You can take re-admission in first year in another institute with a better GATE score in the next year.

Good Luck
4th February 2011, 12:29 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
u have to take another admission in newer collage and in 1st year not in 2nd year.
u cannot directly take admission in 2nd year
4th February 2011, 12:46 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
yes u can take admission in second collage but with 1st year not in 2nd year.
4th February 2011, 05:48 AM
Unregistered

Thanks to all of you for providing such valuable information.....
26th February 2012, 11:16 PM
ajay belagere

Hi, i got 12000 rank in ECE GATE2011 and qualified, unfortunately i did not do well in GATE2012, so planning to take admission for MTECH through GATE2011 rank only. Can i attempt for GATE next year to get better rank, will i get scholarship or not thereafter ..?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?