1st August 2010, 07:26 PM
anuthexmen

Career as Commercial Pilot and Salaries?

Hi can u plz tell me about career in commercial pilot and salaries

1st August 2010, 10:23 PM
shibinseb

Default Re: Career as Commercial Pilot and Salaries?

Its an thrilling career.salary may varries according to your company.its about lakhs per month
2nd August 2010, 12:52 AM
sanjusays

career in commercial pilot is very good....but the initial investment on quality training could be anywhere between 15-25 lakhs....But the return on investment is pretty good....If you are in domestic circuit then you could earn around 1.5-2 lakhs and around 3 lakhs for international bound flights.....
2nd August 2010, 10:11 AM
vikas2808

its a good sector and in thisfield you have many opppurtiunity ..... you can done this form any your disered place........... after this you have got salaries according to your capability .if you are a good pilot then you have your salary in 6 figures.......
2nd August 2010, 10:45 AM
ravi6

hello dear,
career in comerical pilot is very good. pilots take good salary in companies. salary depends upon the company. But i tell you Around 2-3 lakh,a pilot can earn salary in companies. The taining of pilot is very costly so less amount of students can do his career in pilot.

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 12:09 PM
jicks

Career as a Commercial Pilot is highly booming, but you have to invest a huge sum to get Training, from approved Institution.

Most of the Pilot training schools demand approximately 16 to 30 lacs for getting trained.

Some may provide Placement, depending on your performance, and that too if you wish to move over to another aircraft, again you have to spend capitation for getting special training.

Salary Ranges from 2.5 to 10 lacs depending on your experience, skills, and airline you are placed.

There is ONE way to become Commercial Pilot without investing money.
Join Indian Air Force, by clearing NDA Exams, and get FREE training at IAF

Eligibility: Pass in +2, with Physics, and Maths as subjects
Medical Fitness as prescribed by NDA

If selected, you will be paid stipend throughout the Training period and posted at IAF. Lot of other incentives and respect follows.

Best of Luck
2nd August 2010, 02:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

What is Rquired to be a Pilot? How to become a Pilot?

With sky as the limit and strong desire to soar high, being a pilot is the right thing to be in. Aviation Industry in India is one of the fastest growing Industry in the world, even faster then Film Industry. This is booming in India with so many airlines and vacancies opening up, and it is not suprising that many youngsters are opting to take off and become pilot. A bright future awaits for those aspiring to become a pilot.

There are various Exams and phases which student must clear before one can starts flying aircraft or to be promoted to a senior level Pilot.
Steps and Phases one have to pass before becoming a Pilot .

Student Pilot License (SPL): It is an exam conducted by most of flying clubs. It cobers theoretical papers on subjects like- Air Regulations, Air Navigation etc. (Pilot Aptitude Test).

Eligibility: Candidate must be at least 16 years of age and must have passed 10th. A medical certificate of fitness, security clearance and a bank guarantee if Rs. 10,000/- are required.

Selection: Candidates taking SPL test have to appear in an Oral examination on a fixed day every month and go through Medical test. Air force Central Medical Established (AFCME), New Delhi and Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Banglore are the Final Authorities for Medical Fitness (As per Ministry of Civil Aviation). After medical clearance the student get the SPL . Apart from Medical test student also have to clear Pilot Aptitude test.

Private Pilot License (PPL): After acquiring SPL students will proceed towards PPL for the intial flying training. A Teacher/Instructor will be there to teach you the Practical aspects of flying a Aircraft.
Eligibility: 10+2 and Meidcal fitness certificate from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Theory Exam): Total 60 hrs. of flying is needed , of which 20 hrs. minimum should be SOLO and 5 hrs. cross the country.
A Theory exam will be conducted before awading the PPL. Subjects will be same as discussed above, but will be of high standard and different syllabus.

Commercial Pilot License (CPL): A student can get his/her CPL after completing flying training of about 129 hours. to complete 250 hours of flying.

Eligibility: 12th pass with at least 60% aggregate and must also have studied Mathematics and Physics, means science students. Candidate must also have PPL with at least flying experience of 3 years. Age should be 18-30 years and a Medical Clearance must be obtained from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Written Exam): A test in subjects Air Navigation, Air Meteorology, Air regulation, Technical and Planing. These exams are conducted 6 times in a year. At least of flying experience of 250 hours of which (150 hours of SOLO, 25 hours of Cross Country, 10 hours of Instrument flying and 5 hours of night flying) is also required .
After a CPL one can build up more flying hours, Login 750 hours of flying time, clear the other requisite papers and acquire a Senior Commercial Pilot License.
Salary Matter: After acquiring a CPL one will get as a Trainee/Co-Pilot with a salary of 70,000 - 1,20,000 per Month, depending upon company. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 15,000 – 20,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
After Co-Pilot a Normal Pilot can expect 1,50,000 – 1,70,000 per month. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 20,000 – 35,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
Where as a Senior Commercial Pilot License holder can claim anything bet ween 2 Lacs – 4 Lacs and even 5 – 7 LAcs for International Airline companies and depending upon experience.
PPL holders generally specialize in Helichopter flying, and they get paid in hour basis. However salary is lower then Aircraft flyers.
SPL, is nothing but 1st step towards career in Aviation as a Pilot.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 3rd August 2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: editting
2nd August 2010, 03:21 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuthexmen View Post
Hi can u plz tell me about career in commercial pilot and salaries
Career as a commercial pilot is really thriling. But its not so easy.

For becoming a commercial pilot you need to have commercila pilot Licence
(CPL) for getting it your age should be between 18-30 years and have flying experience both bin day and night upto 250 hours. To work as apilot this license is necessary.
for becoming A Pilot you need to have physics and maths in 10+2. with good medical standard and eyesight.
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION
To get admission in any flying institute there is a written exam conducted. . In it the questions of 12 standard asked which comprise reasoning, maths and English.
After that you have to undergo aptitude test. and then interview. And also you have to present medical certificate for your fitness. For which registered institutes are Air force central medical establishments (AFCMI). New Delhi, and Institute of Aviation (IAM) Bangluru.
For more detalis regarding it log on to
WWW.dgca.nic.in/medical
After completing the course of commercial pilot you can join the aviation sector as a pilot in companies like Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, Kingfisher etc.
As per the salary you will get 1 lakh per month as a commercial pilot and 4-5 lakh as senior commercial pilot along with all other amenities.
2nd August 2010, 04:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

A commercial pilot is one of the adventurous streams. A commercial pilot in Air India or Indian Airlines earns about Rs.40,000 - 15,0000 er month based on their experience. You can earn even more in private airlines. A commercial pilot flies aircraft carrying both passengers and cargo. They have to plan out flight timings, take safety measures against accidents and have to be well equipped in meteorology and navigation.
2nd August 2010, 10:52 PM
Sathishkannan

Your carrier choice is good since more money has to be spend in pilot training about more than 15 lakhs but the salary is also in lakhs so it the better way to make your future bright.
25th August 2010, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Career as Commercial Pilot and Salaries?

what is the qualification for international pilot
i an studing in 12 science now ,next years iwant to paris for studing pilot course
26th August 2010, 02:15 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the qualification for international pilot
i an studing in 12 science now ,next years iwant to paris for studing pilot course

The eligibility criteria is More or less same.........!

Every years hundreds of Indian students goes Abroad for CPL, the whole criteria is same all things there will be of international level and nothing else.

One of my brother;s friend's brother has done its pilot Training from Australia after completing his +2 (PCM) with 85% aggregate, it cost him 30 Lacs to complete whole training.

So, I dont think criteria is different.
26th August 2010, 07:03 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
career as a commercial pilot is great.but the initial investment for this course is some where between 15-25 lakhs.if you are financially strong then you can go for it.and the salary in return of the investment is also that type.if you are in domestic bound flight then it might vary from1.5-2lakhs per month and in international it is above 3 lakhs per month.
All The Best!!!
26th August 2010, 07:03 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

All the procedures to become a commercial piolot are more or less the same, but it is all at the international level and costly affairs.
For becoming a pilot you must be fit and have good eyesight.
You must also have physics and maths as your subject in 10+2
26th August 2010, 10:13 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends.

as it is the true fact that the pilot always are in top.

the vacancy for the pilots is always open.

so if you want to make your carrier in the pilot,then really it will help you.

and there is unexpected salary option in this fields,
26th August 2010, 12:21 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

salary range of pilots:
Pilot JobsPopular Employers Salary Range

Delta Air Lines Inc $49,132 - $122,084
Southwest Airlines Co Not enough data
American Airlines Not enough data
Popular Industries Salary Range

Commercial Aviation / Airline $42,486 - $99,891
Transportation $39,399 - $86,630
Air Charters $32,930 - $70,433
Flight Training $28,388 - $63,504
Ambulance Service $31,911 - $69,438

carrier option:
you have to apply technical line.
more details:
http://www.payscale.com/advice.aspx
good luck
28th September 2010, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing engineering mechanical is it good to go for pilot or go to my masters dgree
18th February 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hw 2 gain more hrs after completing pilot course? suggest sum tips so tat one can get job n airlines...
20th February 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Hai i am doing CPL....DGCA.....and i heard that today vaccancies in aviation industries are very tight....also we had to do rating and other thing...can any one say about that......
8th April 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

how many fees the pilot coueses
5th May 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

give me cpl pilot gov. job detials
9th May 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

thank you sir for your such a good guidance
14th May 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

SIR,One of my friend had secured 52% in 12th but he had to go for pilot,can he proceed furthur????
15th May 2011, 02:16 PM
bharanidharans

Dear Friend,
The basic education qualification to become an airline pilot is to clear 10+2 (Senior Secondary School) with a pass in Physics and Maths. So 12th is mandatory.

To get into a commercial pilot's you have to get commercial pilot's license, which typically takes 1-2 years of training. After getting a commercial pilot's license, a job with an airline begins as a trainee co-pilot and after a transition training of 6 to 8 months, one starts flying on line as a co-pilot.

It requires a basic aptitude (does not mean to be good in mathematics and science, but it does require one to have reasonably basic numerical abilities) apart from good reasoning and communication skills.

Many of the people are uncertain about the procedure to become an pilot.
One have to follow in depth,

1. Pass a medical to ensure you meet the medical requirements.

2. Undertake a training course to obtain a Commercial Pilot Licence

3. Obtain employment to build your flying experience.

Here is some of the flying schools for training in india

Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hydrabad Airport, Hydrabad
Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar

All the Best.
14th June 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

hello.....
i want to know whether how much percentage in class 12 (pcm) is required for getting admitted to a good aviation academy......and which is the best academy for aviation in india
pls help....!
14th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

hello.........
i wanted to know the minimum percentage required in class 12(pcm) for getting admitted to an aviation academy........and which is the best aviation academy in india?
pls help...!
26th June 2011, 12:36 AM

Thumbs up i am suraj i am live in chennai i am hindu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusays View Post
career in commercial pilot is very good....but the initial investment on quality training could be anywhere between 15-25 lakhs....But the return on investment is pretty good....If you are in domestic circuit then you could earn around 1.5-2 lakhs and around 3 lakhs for international bound flights.....

i am suraj i am live chennai my native place in rajasthan in jaipur
i am working in chennai my jobs i am working in (bpo ) callcenter day shift i am intersted in pilot jobs so pls give details and my mubile number is 9566109332,9962464333, i am wait your replying
3rd August 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10. I want to be a pilot in future. But my parents dont have such a huge amount of money(15 - 20 lakhs) to invest.So kindly tell me how to be a pilot without investing a huge amont of money.Is their any scholarship facilities ?
6th August 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

i tell u not invest 20lakh ok? You becoma fighter pilot, transport, helicopter pilot abusality free in indian airforce ok, you join to (NDA,CDSE,Ncc) ok NDA-16-19 year age CDSE-19-23 year ok free tranning free food & stipned give tranning time 21000 rupees after complete tranning 55000 to 1 lakh salary And retierment after PENSAN PLAN ok nice GOOD LUCK ANY QUSETION PLZZ CALL ME 9896082020 GURPREET SINGH & AND AIR FORCE FIGHTER PILOT ONLY LIFE IS VERY NICE NICE NICE NO WORK ONLy FLING
25th October 2011, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

which type of medical test is required to become a commercial pilot,please tell me how i can prepare myself for this medical test.now iam studing in class 10, and iam very good in science,so please guide me and tell me which type of medical fitness is required in this field.
5th November 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

hii i'm girl.n now i,m 2nd yr of btech in aeronautical stream.n now i'm in ncc training 4 B certificate,n next C for sure.i wanna bcom commercial pilot without investing mny in training schools.is there any option?i mean through air force etcc,,plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me some information
29th November 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

after 12 is physics and maths important...is their preference less...how many days of holidays a commercial pilot get..
19th January 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,,, im an electronics and communication engineer and want 2 become a pilot,, am i eligible for it.. my age is 24 yrs.......plz guide me...
4th February 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

hello!! sir i am in 12 my aim is to become a pilot bt i dnt knw what i hv to do to achieve my aim!!
25th February 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

is NDA exam difficult....i m doin ma 12th nw...dnt ve enough time to prepare for NDA
19th March 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

hai i am very much interested to became a commercial pilot but i am in middle class family. is there any chance to get aviation scholarships by writing exams?
27th March 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i am very much interested to become a pilot, but on the other hand my less percentage is making me to take my foot back ,as in these situation what do i do to get my aim....?
10th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

how many salary i get after becoming apilot
11th August 2012, 05:55 PM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

Student Pilot License (SPL): It is an exam conducted by most of flying clubs. It cobers theoretical papers on subjects like- Air Regulations, Air Navigation etc. (Pilot Aptitude Test).

Eligibility: Candidate must be at least 16 years of age and must have passed 10th. A medical certificate of fitness, security clearance and a bank guarantee if Rs. 10,000/- are required.

Selection: Candidates taking SPL test have to appear in an Oral examination on a fixed day every month and go through Medical test. Air force Central Medical Established (AFCME), New Delhi and Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Banglore are the Final Authorities for Medical Fitness (As per Ministry of Civil Aviation). After medical clearance the student get the SPL . Apart from Medical test student also have to clear Pilot Aptitude test.

Private Pilot License (PPL): After acquiring SPL students will proceed towards PPL for the intial flying training. A Teacher/Instructor will be there to teach you the Practical aspects of flying a Aircraft.
Eligibility: 10+2 and Meidcal fitness certificate from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Theory Exam): Total 60 hrs. of flying is needed , of which 20 hrs. minimum should be SOLO and 5 hrs. cross the country.
A Theory exam will be conducted before awading the PPL. Subjects will be same as discussed above, but will be of high standard and different syllabus.

Commercial Pilot License (CPL): A student can get his/her CPL after completing flying training of about 129 hours. to complete 250 hours of flying.

Eligibility: 12th pass with at least 60% aggregate and must also have studied Mathematics and Physics, means science students. Candidate must also have PPL with at least flying experience of 3 years. Age should be 18-30 years and a Medical Clearance must be obtained from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Written Exam): A test in subjects Air Navigation, Air Meteorology, Air regulation, Technical and Planing. These exams are conducted 6 times in a year. At least of flying experience of 250 hours of which (150 hours of SOLO, 25 hours of Cross Country, 10 hours of Instrument flying and 5 hours of night flying) is also required .
After a CPL one can build up more flying hours, Login 750 hours of flying time, clear the other requisite papers and acquire a Senior Commercial Pilot License.
Salary Matter: After acquiring a CPL one will get as a Trainee/Co-Pilot with a salary of 70,000 - 1,20,000 per Month, depending upon company. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 15,000 – 20,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
After Co-Pilot a Normal Pilot can expect 1,50,000 – 1,70,000 per month. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 20,000 – 35,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
Where as a Senior Commercial Pilot License holder can claim anything bet ween 2 Lacs – 4 Lacs and even 5 – 7 LAcs for International Airline companies and depending upon experience.
PPL holders generally specialize in Helichopter flying, and they get paid in hour basis. However salary is lower then Aircraft flyers.
SPL, is nothing but 1st step towards career in Aviation as a Pilot.
20th December 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

which is best option for cpl study.only cpl or cpl with bsc aviation
24th March 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

is there any choice to become a cpl pilot in less fees and if selected high salary has to come please please plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz call 9840914840,9381932337 and iam from the poor familiy is there any bank loan i have to become pilot
18th April 2014, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir ... I have just passed 12th (pcm) around 80 % .....nd m started getting interested in the job of commercial pilot... only because of its salaries .....but does everyone get salaries around 1 lakh...after completing his training. ....even if he didn't did so good in his training.....nd how much does a commercial pilot training ...Sir please try to give time for answering my question......
N thnx to giving information about commercial pilot salaries ..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?