31st January 2010, 12:04 AM
shreyansh kumar jain

Can I become a commercial pilot after getting eyes treated with laser operation?

is it possible to become an commercial pilot after getting ones eyes treated with laser operation ?

31st January 2010, 09:35 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a commercial pilot after getting eyes treated with laser operation?

hi
i don't think so
if u pass in medical exam with your eyes treated with laser operation then there is nothing to worry.but if you are not able to pass then you cannot become a pilot.
best of luck............
31st January 2010, 03:21 PM
Aishwary

Default Re: Can I become a commercial pilot after getting eyes treated with laser operation?

I think Yes you can.............
Best Of Luck.....
31st January 2010, 06:56 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

there are medical qualifications to become a pilot they may have some restrictions as your eyesight has been operated once its better you dont go for the surgery since it causes problems later try some other field
ALL THE BEST
1st February 2010, 11:59 AM
Mohd

I think u can become a commercial pilot in private sector, if you qualify their medical criteria ,but in government it is very difficult.
27th February 2010, 03:24 AM
quddus

Sorry brother it is not possible for you to become pilot,because the candidate should be medicaly fit in all respect,and even laser operated persons are strictly not allowed in any stream army,ias etc.
15th March 2010, 05:46 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Hi......
Friend i think you can become the commercial pilot.............try for it.
11th April 2010, 02:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
yes you can become a commercial pilot after
getting eyes treatment with laser operation,
if in medical test, you should be medically fit,
then you are join as a commercial pilot, so dont
worry, just go for it.................

ok
all the best......
18th April 2010, 09:27 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yes you can become pilot.

Candidates must be medically fit in all respect.

There is a special condition,if you have got through Laser Operation then the condition is that the operation must be 6 month later and also the candidate must not suffer from any eye problem.if any problem persist that can be hinderage in performing a Pilot duty then you will not be eligible for it.

Best of Luck
18th April 2010, 10:46 PM
kalyankali

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyansh kumar jain View Post
is it possible to become an commercial pilot after getting ones eyes treated with laser operation ?
ya its possible with expert suggestions go through your goals all the best...
14th September 2010, 01:55 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend ,
For your information , I want to tell you that medical Fitness Certificate for commercial pilot is issued by the Armed Forces Central Medical Establishment (AFCME).
They do not issue a fake certificate and a without operationed vision is necessary in commercial pilot field. Hence you should not try for pilot .
7th November 2010, 09:35 AM
mhd

can i become commercial pilot i have eyesight of mixed astigmatism and i have 98% in plus two
7th November 2010, 09:37 AM
mhd

how we can take a helicopter licence were i have scored 98% in my plus two & 91% at my 10th
9th December 2010, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can i get into tnpsc civil pbs after laser treatment in eyes?
22nd January 2011, 11:58 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If in the report you are physically fit then yes bro.. you can apply for it.
Thanks.
17th February 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

i am suffering with shortsitednes can i become a pilot
9th April 2011, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

with any foriegen cpl can one work in india?
16th June 2011, 05:07 PM
amit gaur2065

off-course you are applicable for this if u pass in medical exam with your eyes treated with laser operation then there is nothing to worry.but if you are not able to pass then you cannot become a pilot.
all the best
15th January 2012, 10:35 PM
joblesswork

dear friend

15th January 2012, 11:03 PM
anlakshmi

Sorry to say you are not eligible to become a pilot becase the candidate must be medically fit in any manner.
15th January 2012, 11:06 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

DEAR FRIEND,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO BECOME A PILOT

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

i)19 to 23 years

ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

some important courses :

1:Flight Test Engineer Course (Fixed / Rotary Wing / Avionics / Instrumentation)

2:Pilot Attack Instructors Course

3:Fighter Combat Leader Course

4:keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ly_branch.html

5:Another option is NDA(National Defence Academy) exam.

Institutions for Pilot Training:

1:The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRAU) is the Premier flying institute in India.

2:West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Behala,Kolkata

3:Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar

4:Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra

5:Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore

6:Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu

7:Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati

8:Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre

9:Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi

10:Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderaba
15th January 2012, 11:23 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for a commercial Pilot is as under-

1. Your vision in one eye must be perfect. In general medical terminology, it is called 6/6 eyesight. In the other eye, you could have an imperfection of 6/9, which must be correctable to 6/6.

2. General physical fitness is mandatory. You must be free of any disease that can hamper normal function

3. You must obtain a medical certificate of fitness from doctors designated by the Director General of Civil Aviation.

So as your eyes are treated with laser operation & you need a medical certificate to prove this.This medical Fitness Certificate for commercial pilot is issued by the Armed Forces Central Medical Establishment (AFCME).They do not issue a fake certificate and a without operationed vision is necessary in commercial pilot field.So it is advisable to you to drop this particular idea & search some another option for you as a career.
16th January 2012, 11:36 AM
INDERPREET KAUR JOHAL

i dont think so ,,but if you are interested in this then atleast for a once go for it ,, and dont worry ok
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?