31st July 2015, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

Compulsory subjects to be studies for IAS exam?

I want to know the compulsory subjects to be studied for this exam. And the basic criteria to clarify the exam. So please tell me.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  2. Can I apply for RTO or other related RTO post after completing Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  3. Is provision certificate enough to give the IAS examination? Which are the books to be preferred for its preparations?
  4. Eligibility for RAS and IAS exam after BCA? Which subjects are optional and compulsory? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  6. How can I prepare for Haryana Civil Service by self studies?
  7. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture
  8. Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?
  9. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  10. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  11. What are the top 4 counting subjects in Economics Honors?
  12. Is there any way to continue studies after being an IAS? Is it possible to do M.Tech after being an IAS?
  13. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  14. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  15. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  16. How To Prepare For IAS and What Subjects Should a B.Tech Student Choose?
  17. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  18. Is it possible to appear for IAS with 10+2? Which subjects to be studied for IAS?
31st July 2015, 09:11 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Compulsory subjects to be studies for IAS exam?

IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service which exam is conducted through UPS every year , For this the candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows :

The candidates should be a graduate in any stream from a recognize university.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

The Subjects for IAS Exam :

The English paper which is compulsory.

You need to select 2 optional subjects from the list given below:

Agriculture

Management

Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science

Mathematics

Anthropology

Mechanical Engineering

Botany Medical

Science

Chemistry

Philosophy

Civil Engineering

Physics

Commerce & Accountancy

Political Science & International Relations

Economics

Psychology

Electrical Engineering

Public Administration

Geography

Sociology

Geology

Statistics

Indian History

Zoology

Law

For more details visit UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st July 2015, 09:12 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Followings are the compulsory subjects/topics which must be studied are mentioned below:

* History of India
* Indian National Movement
* Indian Polity and Governance
* General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change.
* Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic, geography of India and world.
* Current events of national and international importance.
* Economic and Social Development - sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
* Decision making and problem solving
* Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
* General Mental Ability
* General Science
* Comprehension
* English Language Comprehension Skills
* Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
* Questions relating to English Language Comprehension Skills of Class 10th standard.
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills
31st July 2015, 09:43 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Indian Administrative Services is one of the Civil Services of India. Every year lacs of candidates appear for the Civil Services exam aspiring to become IAS officer. However to become IAS officer, a candidate must crack all the stages of Civil Services exam:

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Main examination

3. Personal interview.

Some of the compulsory subjects which a candidate must study for Civil Services examination:

1. Geography.

2. Political Science or Civics.

3. Economics.

4. History.

A candidate must be hard working and should have good determination to crack the civil services exam.
1st August 2015, 12:27 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

IAS(Indian Administration Service) is conducted by UPSC to appoint IAS officer.There is no any special subjects require to study to apply for IAS.

Eligibility

Qualification
- You must have bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university.

Age Limit & Maximum Attemps
General : 21 to 32 Years & Max. 6 attemps
OBC : 21 to 35 Years & Max. 9 Attemps
SC/ST : 37 Years & No Limits for Max. Attemps
PH category : Extra 10 Years relaxation applicable

- Candidates who appointed as a IAS or cancelled appointment are not eligible for IAS.

How to Apply
- Register Online on website : www.upsconline.nic.in
- Fill up the application form online
- Upload Image & Sign
- Pay the Fees
- Submit the application Form
- You will get your registration number.
1st August 2015, 12:35 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Compulsory Subject in Prelims exam:

General Studies

English Language

Indian Language

Compulsory Subject for Mains exam

General Knowledge and Current Affairs

General Studies

English Language

Indian Language

You have to choose optional Subject.
1st August 2015, 01:31 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and it is one of the most prestigious jobs. The examination to become an IAS is conducted by the UPSC every year as the Civil Services Examination.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidates must have passed the graduation in any discipline from the recognised university.

* Candidates age must be between 21-30 years and relaxation in the upper age limit for the reserved category candidates.

As there is no limitations on the discipline of the graduation candidates can select the optional paper other than that of the graduation paper.

So there is no compulsory subjects to study for the examination but as it is among the toughest examination. So the preliminary paper contains questions from all the subjects .

The basic criteria to qualify in the examination is candidates must have to qualify in all the three stages of the examination. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
27th August 2020, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Now i am in bsc pmcs first year and this is 2020 . But know I don't now what to read and which book i know only to read newspaper and ncert books that's all so pleas help me to what to do i have3 years so pleas,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?