21st February 2017, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Which Course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? In which exam do I need to appear?

Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which Course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I need to appear? Please answer as soon as possible.

24th February 2017, 10:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? In which exam do I need to appear?

There is no need to pursue any particular course to become an IPS Officer. To be eligible to become an IPS officer, you should have to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21-32 years (upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules) are eligible to appear in IPS examination.
24th February 2017, 11:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? In which exam do I need to appear?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for recruitment, the candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in bachelor degree to appear for examination. The three stages of examination are Preliminary, Mains and Interview. For more information examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th February 2017, 02:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year and it is conducted for recruitment as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc. As per eligibility candidates who have passed or pursuing in final year of graduation can appear for examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

There is no limitations on discipline and aggregate of graduation to appear for examination. So, you can pursue course as according to your interest.
26th February 2017, 11:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become an IPS Officer so I want to know which Course should I pursue to become an IPS Officer? Which exam do I need to appear? Please answer as soon as possible.
To become an IPS officer, you should qualify in Civil Service exam which is conducted by UPSC.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized University then you are eligible for this exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?