20th July 2011, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Difference between IAS and KAS? Eligibility for both administrative service entrance exams? Procedure for these exams?

What are the difference between an IAS and a KAS ?
What are the eligibilties for both administrative service entrance exams and what r the procedure of these exams ?

21st July 2011, 10:22 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between IAS and KAS? Eligibility for both administrative service entrance exams? Procedure for these exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the difference between an IAS and a KAS ?
What are the eligibilties for both administrative service entrance exams and what r the procedure of these exams ?
Quote:
Difference between IAS and KAS -
- IAS Stands For Indian Administrative Services
- KAS stands for Karnataka Administrative Services.

- IAS examination was Conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- Karnataka Administrative Services Exam is conducted by KPSC (Karnataka Public Service commission).

Eligiblity Criteria for IAS/KAS -

The eligibility Criteria are both these examination are same and To apply for both these examination you need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

- You must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible.

Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved category Candidates, Eligible candidates may apply for both these examination online. The Notification was published in the employment newspaper.

The Examination are conducted into 3 Stages -

- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Final Interview.

Firstly You have to crack the Preliminary examination and after clear the Preliminary examination you are eligible to sit in Main Examination and those who clear the main examination are called for Personal Interview.

The Preliminary examination are totally Objective type, In UPSC Examination there are 2 Papers in Preliminary examination and both are objective type with 200 marks each. But In main examination you have to Choose the optional subjects on the basis of your graduation subjects.

And for Complete Information Please check the UPSC/KPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in

www.kpsc.kar.nic.in
21st July 2011, 03:52 PM
Simmi Katiyar

Default Re: Difference between IAS and KAS? Eligibility for both administrative service entrance exams? Procedure for these exams?

IAS- Indian Administrative Services
KAS- Karnataka Administrative Services
For sitting in the both exams you must complete your graduate with first division and minimum age requirement is 21 years.
SC/ST candidates' qualification and age requirement can be relaxed than that for general category.
you have to qualify two exams for both courses- pre and mains.
after that you have to face interview which is the final selection procedure for these administrative services and is most important.
IAS exam was conducted by UPSC
KAS exam was conducted by KPSC.
you must read daily newspaper or employment newspaper to know the notification of these exams at right time.
21st July 2011, 04:12 PM
Simmi Katiyar

IAS- Indian Administrative Services
KAS- Karnataka Administrative Services
For sitting in the both exams you must complete your graduate with first division and minimum age requirement is 21 years.
SC/ST candidates' qualification and age requirement can be relaxed than that for general category.
you have to qualify two exams for both courses- pre and mains.
after that you have to face interview which is the final selection procedure for these administrative services and is most important.
IAS exam was conducted by UPSC
KAS exam was conducted by KPSC.
you must read daily newspaper or employment newspaper to know the notification of these exams at right time.
26th July 2011, 04:13 AM
Unregistered

is it easy to appear for IAS exam after taking KAS exam?
4th August 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for kas i am very much interested in kas?
8th August 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

what is procedure for Ex-servicemen
11th October 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

when i read thru KAS website, age limit for KAS is 35yrs...and in this post its given 30yrs. Can you please clarify?
Madhushree
7th January 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma is qualifaction for IAS
19th January 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

is there any physical tests as compared to IPS
28th February 2012, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

what is the upper age limit for obc category candidates for ias/kas exam?
12th March 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

How many ex service man cotha's are present in kas.
8th April 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

basically I am from Karnataka and now i am living in Karnataka but I studied in Andrapradesh , can I write KAS exams ?
29th May 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Iam very much interested in KAS. Pls tell me what is the prodeure of KAS Examination.
29th May 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification for KAS exams
9th November 2012, 09:09 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

KAS stands for (Karnataka Administrative Service)

KAS exam is almost same as IAS exam

Eligibility Criteria for KAS exam:-

You Should be graduate from recognized University

Age limit:

Should not be less than 21 years and must not be more than 30 years for general category
Relaxation is there for OBC candidates up to 3 years
For SC/ST upto 5 years

You must be Citizen of India

Selection process is also same as IAS exam:-

1)Preliminary Exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ias.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	122251   Click image for larger version

Name:	ias1.jpg
Views:	1770
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	122252   Click image for larger version

Name:	ias4.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	122253   Click image for larger version

Name:	arihant-general-english-for-bank-po.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	122254  
Attached Images

7th February 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

when will the kas exam conducted
18th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

My age is 33 , can i eligible for KAS exam?
28th March 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the fee structure to take these exams?
4th October 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

After compilation of sslc I directly joined diploma in mechanical engineering that to evening so once after compliting diploma can I appear kas or ias examination
26th January 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam, I completed degree in eillim university,sikkim,from study center,because I able to apply to kas exam,pls guide me ,tk u
17th March 2014, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

My name is Ashwini , I m complt Diploma in cs and B.A education so on fis based can I apply for the both exams or not plz need full help me
28th May 2014, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

how could we get tbe best books for kAS exam and which author books to be most preffred?

if we are not able to speak english with perfection is there any problem?
3rd August 2014, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

I'm the student of final year of b tech in electrical engineering can I apply for K A S exam
5th September 2015, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS SANGAMESH HAVERI, I M COMPLT PUC PCMB PASSING YEAR 2006 SO CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR DOING CORRESPONDANCE DEEGREE COURSE FOR THE NEXT YEAR , A that to evening so once after compliting the correspondant degree can I appear kas or ias examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?