20th November 2012, 03:25 AM
Praiseworth

Difference between Political Science and Economics

Difference between polital science and economics...please provide to me the details

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between Economics and Political Science?
  2. Is it possible to do M.A. political science after B.A. economics?
  3. How to do M.A in English after passing B.A from HPU Shimla?
  4. Difference between economics and political science?
  5. Difference between Political Science and Economics?
  6. Can I get admission in DU for Political Science Honours if scored 95 marks in 12th Political Science?
  7. Difference between Social Political Science and Socio-Political Philosophy?
  8. Can I appear for MPSC exam after passing S.Y.B.A with subjects like Economics and Political Science?
  9. Will it be possible to do MA in Political Science without BA in Political science?
  10. Am I eligible for IAS if I have Economics, Political Science, History, and Arts as my subjects in 12th?
  11. How to do B.A course? Which is better between Psychology, Political Science, History, Economics and English
  12. Which would be better B.Com or B.A. Economic honours? Difference between both? How to prepare for entrance exams of colleges? -- [New]
  13. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Main Exam being a Graduate with English Honors?
  14. Can I appear for IAF exam directly after 12th? I am an arts student having optional subject like Economics, History and Political Science
  15. How to do economics honors after passing 12th and humanities?
  16. Syllabus of Hindi Literature for preparation of NET exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. can I take economics and mathematics in English and Political Science in Bengali for economics honors?
  18. How to appear for IAS exam after finishing B.A in Subjects like economics, history and political science -- [Most Discussed]
20th November 2012, 07:31 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between Political Science and Economics

Hi Friend..........

Political Science is all about the distribution of authority in society. Politics can involve both state and non-state actors ex, churches, clubs, organisations and, in these groups, people use politics as the means to make social decisions. These social decision often reflect values, relations, or means people have available to them.

Economics, on the other side, is the social study of the allocation of scarce resources, going from buying a good in a supermarket in a way that our happiness level is going to be at its top (i.e. buying ice cream instead of chocolates, because we want ice cream more), to creating policies to increase the amount of food delivered to poor communities (this is done by the government)

In sum, both deal with the distribution of a system in society, but politics centres on authority between parts of it whereas economics deals with resource. Often, the two can overlap, especially where the allocation of resources depends on the relations of individuals or vice-versa

regards......
Tash
20th November 2012, 03:11 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

As I am guessing here Economics means you are querying for Political Economics.....
Political science is the study of politics using scientific methods. It deals mainly with the description & analysis of political and especially the governmental institutions and processes....

While Political economy, in the modern sense, refers to the application of economic methods, especially rational choice theory, to non-economic problems, such as politics.

In sum, both deal with the distribution of a system in society, but Political Science centres on authority between parts of it whereas economics deals with resources.
20th November 2012, 05:03 PM
b.deepak365

Politics is all about the distribution of authority in society. Politics can involve both state and non-state actors (e.g.) churches, clubs, organisations) and, in these groups, people use politics as the means to make social decisions. These social decisions often reflect values, relations, or means people have available to them.
Economics, on the other side, is the social study of the allocation of scarce resources, going from buying a good in a supermarket in a way that our happiness level is going to be at its top (i.e buying ice cream instead of chocolates, because we want ice cream more), to creating policies to increase the amount of food delivered to poor communities (this is done by the government)

In sum, both deal with the distribution of a system in society, but politics centres on authority between parts of it whereas economics deals with resources. Often, the two can overlap, especially where the allocation of resources depends on the relations of individuals or vice-versa.
20th November 2012, 10:03 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

The main difference between the Political science and Economics is the economical side says the economics and politics describes the political science.

Political science is all about the distribution of authority in society. The social decision often reflect values and relations, means people have available to them.politics can involve both state and non state actors. churches ,clubs, organisations.

Economics, on the other side, is the social study of the allocation of scarce resources, going from buying a good in a supermarket in a way that our happiness level is going to be at its top (i.e. buying ice cream instead of chocolates, because we want ice cream more), to creating policies to increase the amount of food delivered to poor communities.

In sum both deal with the distribution of a system in society. Often the two can overlap, especially where the allocation of resources depends on the relations of individuals or vice-versa.
23rd November 2012, 12:07 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

Political Science:

**Political Science is all about the distribution of authority in society.
**Politics can involve both state and non-state actors ex, churches, clubs, organisations and, in these groups, people use politics as the means to make social decisions.
**These social decision often reflect values, relations, or means people have available to them.

Economics:

**Economics, on the other side, is the social study of the allocation of scarce resources, going from buying a good in a supermarket in a way that our happiness level is going to be at its top.
**To creating policies to increase the amount of food delivered to poor communities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?