1st May 2010, 02:49 PM
drsaah5

Does one need to score 80% in PCM in 12th of AP board to be eligible for BITSAT entrance exam?

Does one need to score 80% and above in PCM in the 12 exam i.e.2nd yr intermediate exam of Andhra pradesh board of intermediate or the marks of both 1 st and 2 nd yr taken into consideration? kindly let me know?

21st May 2011, 01:29 PM
vkvimal192

Default Re: Does one need to score 80% in PCM in 12th of AP board to be eligible for BITSAT entrance exam?

no matter from which board you do your 12 but you have to score above 80 percent to appear in bitsat
21st May 2011, 02:17 PM
alphagamma

Default Re: Does one need to score 80% in PCM in 12th of AP board to be eligible for BITSAT entrance exam?

Yes my friend you need to score >=80%(PCM) aggregate in your class 12th board exams to be eligible for the BITSAT. Be tension free....Nowhere your class 11th marks are considered so don't worry about your class 11th marks. Just concentrate on your class 12th exams so that you get greater than or equal to 80% marks to be eligible for that. So start preparing.
Good luck!!!
21st May 2011, 03:52 PM
deepakdeep1

BITSAT Exam is the entry level test for admission to various colleges of BIT, Pilani. BITSAT is a Computer based online test . There is certain eligibility criteria for taking exam for BITSAT. Check out whether you are eligible for BITSAT or Not.

1. For admission to any of the Integrated First Degree Programmes of BITS the candidate should have passed the 12th class examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

2. Further, the candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

3. However, admissions will be made only on his/her merit position based on the score obtained in BITSAT2011.

4. Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2011 or who have passed the 12th class examination in 2010 are eligible to appear for BITSAT2011.

5. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.

6. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2009 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2011.

7. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2011

Direct Admission to Board Toppers:

In the past, admission process of the Institute always ensured guaranteed admission to all the students who obtained first ranks in their respective board examinations.

First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2011 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2011 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Thanks
21st May 2011, 09:42 PM
utkarsh26

hi,
If you want to apply for BITSAT examination you have to consider the following points:-

-You should have successfully cleared your 12th standard examination (10+2) from a recognized state/Central board with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or an equivalent qualification.

-It is also essential for you to be proficient in English language.

-At least 80 percent average marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th standard and minimum 60 percent marks in each of these subject.

-Even if you are appearing for your 12th board exam, you are still eligible to sit for BITSAT.

-If you have passed in the year 2008 and are intending to give the BITSAT in the year 2009, you are still eligible to apply, provided that you explain the gap.

And yes only marks of 12th class is taken into consideration.
21st May 2011, 11:33 PM
Aravindhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsaah5 View Post
Does one need to score 80% and above in PCM in the 12 exam i.e.2nd yr intermediate exam of Andhra pradesh board of intermediate or the marks of both 1 st and 2 nd yr taken into consideration? kindly let me know?
hi,
To be eligible to take the BITSAT entrance you just need to have a percentage of above 60% in PCM of your 2nd year. your 1st year marks are not considered.
All the best
22nd May 2011, 12:13 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
BITSAT ELIGIBLITY -

To apply for BITSAT degree course, you need passed the 12th class examination from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You have also obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

So, if you have fulfill any one of the above given condition, then you are eligible to apply for BITSAT examination. In this examination Only your Final year Marks are consideration.

Final examination appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply for BITSAT examination. And You has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, then only your latest performance will be considered.

And if you want to get more information regarding BITSAT examination, then please visit the official website -

http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm
22nd May 2011, 12:22 AM
rajan nagar

no, above 95% mark are needed in PCM
22nd May 2011, 09:46 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Yes, for appear in the BITSAT entrance exam you need minimum 80%

marks in PCM in the 12th std. The eligibility criteria for appear in the

BITSAT exam is given below :

Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT:

To appear in the BITSAT you need pass the 12th class examination

from any recognize board or University with Physics, Chemistry and

Mathematics as the main subject and you must obtained a minimum

of 80% aggregate marks in PCM in 12th std.

The 12th appearing student are also eligible for BITSAT exam.

If you want to get any more information regarding BITSAT exam then
please visit the official website of BITs.

http://www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat/bitsatmain.htm
Visit this website.

Regards
~Mukul~
27th May 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

I HAD SCORED 65% IN PCM, IS IT ENOUGH FOR SELECTION ANY COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING OF IIT????
ACTUALLY I HAV A GOOD RANK IN IIT OF 1234 IN SC, PLZZZZ REPLY ME SOON.
URS VERY KIND
6th November 2011, 10:11 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Eligibility for BITS admission is that :

You have to pass your 10+2 from a recognized board or school

You must score atleast 80% in your 10+2, BE IT FROM ANY BOARD OR STATE to be able to write the BITS exam.

So yes, 80% in boards is a must.
26th April 2012, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

do we need to get 60% marks in physics by combining both years of physics or only of 2nd year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?