21st July 2011, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become IPS Officer?

I want to become ips officer , its my aim. I have passed +2 with commerce stream so i want to know what should i do now

26th July 2011, 11:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become ips officer , its my aim. I have passed +2 with commerce stream so i want to know what should i do now
Its Nice To See That you are Interested to Become IPS Officer And If your Aim Is to Become IPS Officer Then For this You have to apply for The UPSC Civil Services Examination. So, If you are Fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria Then You are Eligible To apply for UPSC Civil services Examination to become IPS Officer.

Eligiblity Criteria for UPSC Civil Services Examination -

>> You Must Have Completed Your Graduate Degree Examination in any discipline from a recognised university.
>> Your age Should Between 21 To 30 Years.
>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.
>> There is No minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria to apply for this examination.

So If you have completed your Intermediate examination, Then please go with Graduate degree course Because Graduation is the Minimum eligibility Criteria to apply for Civil services examination, You can do Your Graduation in any discipline.

The Notification of this examination was published in the employment Newspaper in the month of February every year OR in the UPSC website. Eligible candidates may fill the application form Either Online OR Offline.

The application form are also availiable in the designated Post Offices and you can obtained from There, Firstly you have to apply for the Preliminary examination and If you have cracked the Preliminary examination, Then you are allow to sit for Main examination.

If you are Interested to get More Information About This examination, then please visit the UPSC official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 143 views)
26th July 2011, 11:44 PM
genius_911

the eligibility criteria for appearing into UPSC Civil services exam to become an IAS officer are:-
1. a graduation degree in any discipline from the recognised university is must...
2. the age limit is 21-30 years....
So, you first get yourself admitted in good college for graduation. after completing graduation you can appear for the exam.. you can also appear in your final year of graduation fot the exam... for more info on this, have a look on the site:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th July 2011, 11:58 PM
rana2011
Banned

Eligiblity Criteria for IPS(Indian Police Service) Examination -

*You have to Completed your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.[Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.
and there is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria to apply for this examination]

*Your age Should Between 21 To 30 Years.

*you must be an INdian.

The Notification of this examination is published in the employment Newspaper in the month of February every year or in the UPSC website. Eligible candidates may fill the application form Either Online or Offline.

The application form are availiable in the designated Post Offices.
Firstly you have to apply for the Preliminary examination and if you crack the Preliminary examination, then you will allow to sit for Main examination.

For more information please visit the UPSC official website.
http://upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
27th July 2011, 12:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for the IPS exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria,the other criteria's are mentioned below:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM:-

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For OPEN-4, OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT.

so you are not eligible for IPS exam after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IPS exam.

Thank you.
27th July 2011, 12:52 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Before applying for IPS, take a look that if you fulfill the eligibility criteria or not...

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill it, then take a look at the admission procedure:

You can apply both online and offline.

For offline application, you have to collect the form from the designated post offices.

For online application, you have to visit the official website.

You will also get other details there...like exam date, other criteria etc....

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th July 2011, 01:45 AM
brijeshgzp123

You Must Have Completed Your Graduate Degree Examination in any discipline from a recognised university.
>> There is No minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria to apply for this examination.

Thanks ...
Best of luck for your dream.
27th July 2011, 10:08 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you want to become an IPS officer , and you have just complete your 12th with commerce, so to appear in IPS exam you have to first complete your graduation in any discipline..
IPS exam is a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC..
To appear in any UPSC civil service exam you have to first complete your graduation..
there is age criteria, which you must fulfill to appear in IPS exam..
For general category student the age criteria is 21-30years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..
For OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

So, my friend as you have completed your 12th , then first go for graduation..
After that you will be eligible for IPS exam..

All the best..
27th July 2011, 10:15 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation

* Age- 21 to 30 years
relaxation as per govt. rules

*Final year student can also apply.

Web site:- www.upsc.gov.in
27th July 2011, 12:52 PM
vivek049

Procedure to become IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Its Nice To See That you are Interested to Become IPS Officer And If your Aim Is to Become IPS Officer Then For this You have to apply for The UPSC Civil Services Examination. So, If you are Fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria Then You are Eligible To apply for UPSC Civil services Examination to become IPS Officer.

>> You Must Have Completed Your Graduate Degree Examination in any discipline from a recognised university.

So If you have completed your Intermediate examination, Then please go with Graduate degree course Because Graduation is the Minimum eligibility Criteria to apply for Civil services examination, You can do Your Graduation in any discipline.

The Notification of this examination was published in the employment Newspaper in the month of February every year OR in the UPSC website. Eligible candidates may fill the application form Either Online OR Offline.

The application form are also availiable in the designated Post Offices and you can obtained from There, Firstly you have to apply for the Preliminary examination and If you have cracked the Preliminary examination, Then you are allow to sit for Main examination.

If you are Interested to get More Information About This examination, then please visit the UPSC official website.

thanking you
27th July 2011, 12:52 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts civil service exam for IPS admission.

To become a IPS offiser you have to apply for IPS entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC.UPSC conducts IPS entrance exam every year.IPS exam for this session is already completed you have to apply next year.

eligibility criteria for IPS exam-

Age limit-

21 years is minimum age limit.
Maximum 30 year age for general category candidate,
Maximum 33 for OBCs candidate
35 for SCs/STs candidate.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for all candidate,
OBCs candidate can apply seven times and no limit for SCs/STs.

4. Minimum Physical Standard
The physical standards are important for the job of IPS.you have physically fit for this job.

Height – Male candidate must have 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm
Female candidate must have 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
Chest –For Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
for Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
27th July 2011, 01:24 PM
saurav9889

friend to become a ips officer u have to clear civil service exam conducted by upsc every yr in the month of may/june. the civil service xam consist of 3 tiers-prelims that consist of 2 objective papers, mains consisting of 2 subjective optional papers of 2 subjects that u have to choose from a list,2 subjective papers of gen.studies and essay,english and an indian lang.after that comes the interview. finally if ur rank is good u can make it to ips.
27th July 2011, 03:24 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
hello,

so Best of LUck......
30th August 2011, 04:42 PM
dhruv007

this exam is conducted by UPSC every year. for appearing in this exam you must havr to complete your graduation in any steam from any recognized university. you can apply for this exam under the age limit of 21-30 years for a general candidates(5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates).There is No minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria to apply for this examination.
30th August 2011, 10:33 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello,

It's a nice choice to be an IPS officer in future:
For it the minimum elligibility is you should be a graduate,So first complete your graduation,

and now you have much more time for it,
if you want you can start preparation from now also,

I m giving you the syllabus of the IPS entrance exam,
Go through it , you ll get a basic idea, the go to near by book store collect the references, which covers maximum portion of the syllabus,
From now you collect the Pratiyogi kiran ,it's a magazine which consist of all the compitative exam questions and current, gd topic, pis and all other question also,
It ll help you..

For more information

good Luck..~~~`
Attached Files
File Type: doc Syllabus of IPS exam.doc(46.5 KB, 92 views)
31st August 2011, 03:31 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Procedure to become IPS(Indian Police Service) officer. The IPS is conducted by UPSC.

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Age limit must be within 21 to 30 years
* Relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates
* You should be a graduate from a recognized university
* Then you should be physically fit

The exam is of three stages:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview.

If you get get good marks in first round then you can go for next stage.

No of attempts:

* General category - 4 attempts
* SC/ST category - No limit
* OBC category - 7 attempts

Best wishes
8th January 2012, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

I'm in T.Y. BSc (microbiology) & i won't to give this IPS officer exam, so please tell me how can i'm give this exam.And also give me date for that.
9th February 2012, 04:09 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

Yes, you are eligible for the IPS exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria,the other criteria's are mentioned below:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM:-

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For OPEN-4, OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT.

so you are not eligible for IPS exam after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IPS exam.
9th February 2012, 05:33 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To become a Indian Police Service officer,then you should appear for Civil Service exam.This exam is conducted by upsc every year once to take qualified students into different service post in government sector.

To appear for civil service exam,you should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.And your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

If you fulfill with this criteria,then you can appear for civil service exam this year.Which exam notification going to release on 4th Feb 2012,closes on 5th March 2012.
And exam will held on 20th May 2012.

Civil service exam consist of Preliminary exam and Main exam.
You should crack this two exam with good rank,to become IPS officer.

First you should clear Preliminary exam,then you can eligible to write main exam.

Visit official website for more details.
9th February 2012, 06:08 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

4. Minimum Physical Standard
The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.
9th February 2012, 08:54 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S., I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.P.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

all the best.
9th February 2012, 10:56 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

IPS can be expanded as Indian Police Service and it can be defined as the post in which you can join as a higher rank official in police department.

To become an IPS officer you must appear in an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India commonly called as UPSC. This exam is conducted twice a year. For appearing in this exam you must have the following eligibility criteria.

1. You must be an Indian.
2. You must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university.
3. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years.

To join as an IPS officer you must also be physically fit.

To apply for this exam you can get the application forms from the UPSC website named http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?