13th October 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch should I go for?

i am really confused about which engineering branch i should go for.

25th December 2012, 12:42 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which engineering branch should I go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am really confused about which engineering branch i should go for.
Hi

Engineering is a very vast field and there are sub branches which divides it for the respective application areas. As you may know B.Tech/B.E is one of the top courses in the market and is a full time graduation course of 4 years. You can take it up after passing Class 12th scoring above 60% in the boards.
Now talking of the streams, there are 3 EVERGREEN streams which are :

MECHANICAL
ELECTRICAL
CIVIL

Also the New ones are :

ECE - Electronics and Communication Engineering
CSE - Computer Science Engineering
IT - Information and Technology.

Now as far as the choosing is concerned out of these, I would say every stream has its own pros and cons. You have to go with your interest i.e where and in which field or stream it lies.

If you feel that Computer interest you and fascinate you, you should definitely choose the CSE/IT branches. Scope wise also they flourish in companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, etc.
But if you are leaned towards Machines, then you can try the Mechanical/Electrical. Talking of Communication sector, you can do the ECE branch..

So ultimately it depends on what you really like and desire to do than relying and taking up others suggestions. I would though suggest the CSE/IT Branch as its got HUGE and the maximum scope in the present day out of all the other engineering branches.

Rest your wish. Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
30th April 2013, 03:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch should I go for?

You can select an engineering stream according to your wish. Electrical, electronics, civil, etc are some of the popular streams in engineering. Emerging streams like Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering, etc are some of the emerging streams. Nanotechnology, genetic engineering, etc are some other specialized subjects. You can go with mechanical or automobile engineering, if interested with machine and its structures.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?