4th March 2010, 04:15 PM
Deep Mukherjee

English proficiency test to take admission in LLM at UK or US?

hello everybody, i have throughout been in english medium schools and i am currently in the final yr of LLB where the medium of lecture is english. Under the circumstances, please let me know whether i will have to sit for an english proficiency test if i wanna study LLM in UK or US and if so then let me know the details. BYE AND GOOD LUCK.

8th March 2010, 11:42 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: English proficiency test to take admission in LLM at UK or US?

yes, Mr Deep you have to go through a english proficiency test instead of your english language background from childhood ...more of the details about the english proficiency test in UK & US are given in the following link hope you find them right..

www.shiksha.com/.../Uk-Admission-Requirements-And-English-Proficiency-Test-For-Entry-Into-Higher-Education-Institutions

good luck & i hope you qualify for & in the exam...
bbye take care,,
12th March 2010, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

thanks for replying and the good wishes u have sent. i will surely try 2 do well. GOD BLESS.
14th March 2010, 08:53 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

It will be beneficial if u go english proficiency classes... It will help u to sustain and survive in US or UK
30th May 2010, 06:30 AM
drdo99
Banned

You have to take TOEFL,
There is a letter of reference you have to send by your application.
Out of every 8 application ,1 is selected.
25th June 2010, 01:36 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

At first,find out from your university department what English scores they require.
For studying LLM in UK , different universities seek different English proficiency score.

This varies not only from institution to institution, but according to subject and course. Also find out which English tests are acceptable.

Get your English tested before you come to the UK.
If you do not achieve the score required, then do as much as you can to improve before you arrive in the UK.

If possible, get your university to put you in touch with a student from your own country currently studying at the institution.
Then make contact by e-mail and ask them about their experience of learning in English.

All in all, be sure of everything necessary before flying out there.

Best of luck!
5th August 2010, 04:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

US Educational Testing Service(ETS) and other similar professioanl testing organizations prepares test for admission to universities in USA, UK, etc.
The best universities do requires the applicant to go through such tests before taking their application into consideration.
TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS(The International English Language Testing System), are the two english proficiency test conducted by professional testing organizations.
So, if you are going to enroll yourself in the best of the institutes, you will have to write any of these tests, as prescribed by the university.
6th August 2010, 11:37 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

you should try for two tests:

TOEFL : Test of english as foreign language
IELTS : international english language testing system
These tests are validated to take admission in UK . These test proves english proficiency. You are only required to send the score card to corresponding university in which you want to take admission.
8th March 2011, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

i heard that for UK uni, SAT test is also required?
28th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year llb student and I am very much interested in pursuing my LLM in UK, and I am interested to know whether I can apply for student loan to study there.
30th May 2011, 09:53 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

TOEFL : Test of english as foreign language
IELTS : international english language testing system
These tests are validated to take admission in UK . These test proves english proficiency. You are only required to send the score card to corresponding university in which you want to take admission.
11th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello
I am a member of bar association of Iran ,working as a lawyer for 7 years, going to immigrate to the USA. Could u please give me some informatin about what requirement is needed and shall I take TOEFL test if yes it should be pbt or ibt and also which score is needed?
THANKS
14th December 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Am a student in Nigeria seeking admission into the UK university,which i have to write the English proficiency text, i don't known any location in Nigeria where i can go for the lesson,and i have no idea on the type of question they set, so please i want u to help me wit d location in Nigeria and some question to enable me known my stand.Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?