30th April 2010, 10:51 AM
muhaasmuhaad

Which graduation I should do to become IAS later?

i am passed plus2.on 2009.i want become ias which degree i select?between my dgree what type of preparation i do?

30th April 2010, 02:08 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which graduation I should do to become IAS later?

What every degree you select does'nt matters that because for IAS Only graduation is required, stream does'nt matter.

There is no such requirement that candidates must be B.sc or B.A. or esle.Only graduation in any field even Engineering.

Just select the course in which you will be able to provide your best time and effort.Select that subject which would be easy for you to handle wisely.

Best of Luck
30th April 2010, 02:15 PM
gemstone

well for being an ias u need to be a graduate in ne field.
but as far as i know , i have seen many elders around me becoming ias officers...they all did graduation in arts stream coz..even engineers take up arts subjeects in ias exam...
so why not give tjose subjects ample time of three four years during r graduation tym..
good lck
30th April 2010, 02:35 PM
Sankar B

you can do any degree you prefer. the best i think is BBA or MBA. best of luck
15th May 2010, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

after completing my engineering can i write an IAS exa
18th May 2010, 01:03 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Friend you have to do simply any degree in any field then you are eligible for the ias exam.....
All the best.......
18th May 2010, 04:42 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after completing my engineering can i write an IAS exa

Yes of course dear why not !

The candidate must be Graduation passed in any deciple that does'nt matters.

Each year besides professional from other qualification and background many Engineers and Doctors appears for the Entrance and crack also.

Few years before among the Toppers of IAS one of the student is also a B.Tech graduate from IIT and also was a MBA degree holder from IIM.

It is fact that Maximum Engieers who appear for Indian Civil Service get into IPS.

Dont worry for that if you are an Engineering aspirant dont worry that you cant appear for IAS. You can definitely appear for it and also able to crack it.

Best of Luck
18th May 2010, 04:58 PM
Ritu Agrawal

For an IAS exam its necessary to be graduate in any field with minimum 50% mark but for exam you have good in general awareness.socio and ecomic knowledge,verbal ability etc just chill and prepare for the exam GOOD LUCK
18th May 2010, 04:59 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

there is nothing specific about your gradutaion field foor doing IAS it just needs a graduation degree thats it.But you muxt be knowing that preparation for Ias is really tough and it needs a lot of concentration and dedication and if you choose science or commerce straem you wont be able to devote much time to your IAS preparation ,that is why I suggest you to go for arts stream..though you will have to work in this stream too but compared to science and commerce it will be less.
all the best do well
18th May 2010, 05:05 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhaasmuhaad View Post
i am passed plus2.on 2009.i want become ias which degree i select?between my dgree what type of preparation i do?
Dear Friend

First of all Congras. That u want to become an IAS

What I would suggests is take up Bcom.
Since the Many IAS Student rarely takeup commerce stream they mostly go for ARTs.

For Becoming and IAS you would have to read Very Much for which you may need time.

Commerce stream I belive required understanding subjects more and not only Reading at large.

So the time can be utilised to Read different books, articles, magzine, other related materials, etc. and perparing for the IAS exam.

Best of Luck
18th May 2010, 08:31 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Hello
For the IAS selection, you can opt any of the degrees like History and Geography or Political Administration, which can help you to prepare for the preliminary as well as the main subjects. Also the Mental ability is also very important. Try to get a better institute for the coaching.
All the Best !!!!!!!!!
18th May 2010, 09:06 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Subject doesn't matter for appearing in IAS exam, you have clear concept in your subject.
& if you are a student of science in +2 then i will prefer you to do engineering from any reputed college like IITs,NITs.
& if you are a student of arts you can do your graduation in history, geography etc, as i told subject doesn't matter.

so take admission as per your interest.
good luck.
18th May 2010, 09:08 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which graduation I should do to become IAS later?

Subject doesn't matter for appearing in IAS exam, you have clear concept in your subject.
& if you are a student of science in +2 then i will prefer you to do engineering from any reputed college like IITs,NITs.
& if you are a student of arts you can do your graduation in history, geography etc, as i told subject doesn't matter.

so take admission as per your interest.
good luck.
18th May 2010, 10:39 PM
raguks

Quote:
it will be easy if you choose which papers that u wish to select for the IAS exam ... better get some discussion with someone who already appeared for the exams....
19th May 2010, 12:32 AM
Harshita21

you can select any field ,their is not any specific category for IAS but go for coaching of IAS side by side & fulfill your dreams.

For qualifying IAS like exam a passion is required.

So do hard work with full passion towards it.

all the best
19th May 2010, 04:23 AM
sg3125
Banned

Best option is through arts.But engg. doctors also sit for ias and they qualify.Its a hard bound labour of your ability in anyway.
20th May 2010, 02:14 PM
Harshita21

between your degree you can prepare for the IAS i.e you go for coachnig for IAS from Delhi.
For any field you need a passion,bribg passion in you for doing IAS.Their are many coaching centers for weekends.

go for it.

best of luck
28th May 2010, 02:01 AM
drdo99
Banned

Heard that arts papers are easiest to tackle
You can also ask by following address:
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House,
New Delhi - 110-069.
5th June 2010, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

i have given my10th board exam and i want to become ias officer so which subjects should i take.i got 74 in maths,62 in sciences.what do u suggest for me to take commerce or non-medical by seeing my marks and which graduation should i do according to u
5th June 2010, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

GOOD ANSWERS, BUT IF A PERSON IS PRACTICAL, ONE SHOULD KNOW THAT I.A.S MEANS A PERSON, AUTHORISED / AN AGENT OF THE GOVT. APPOINTED AS A DISTRICT EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATE. PEOPLE FROM ENG.., MEDICINE, COMMERCE, OFCOURSE GOOD BUT UNDER THE SAID AUTHORITY, THE PROFESSIONAL WORKS, BUT IT THE ONLY DUTY OF AN I.A.S TO JUDGE THE MATTERS INFRONT OF HIM. RATHER THAN I.I.T' /I.I.M'S PEOPLE FROM LAW / LEGAL STUDIES BACKGROUND REALLY POSSESS GREAT FOR THE SERVICE, AS THE AUTHORITY DEALS WITH LEGAL MATTERS. ONE MORE THING EXECUTIVE MAGISTRATES WORKS UNDER LEGAL / DISTRICT MAGISTRATES AND THE PROFFESSION IS NOTHING OTHER THAN LAW ITSELF.
6th June 2010, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

hi my name is william pal singh and i wanted to know that commerce with maths would be better or sciences in11th.my marks were like this maths-74,sciences-62??????
7th June 2010, 06:56 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hi my name is william pal singh and i wanted to know that commerce with maths would be better or sciences in11th.my marks were like this maths-74,sciences-62??????

Dont count on your scores.

Just study the subject in which you have interest and think that you can deliver your best.

If you think that scope in sciemce is only promising and not in Commerce you are wrong !

In these days where there is plethora of oppurtunities awaiting, it is worth saying that only particular field is good enough.

You according to your qualities and caliber can predict well which stream would be better for you.

Best of Luck
7th June 2010, 07:21 PM
nikita_gigi

if u want to do IAS u can chose any stream................
but side by side ypu have to keep in touch with latest gk and english
all the best
7th June 2010, 09:22 PM
anu132

Wink Re: Which graduation I should do to become IAS later?

Quote:
Hi friend..
For being an IAS officer one needs a simple degree from a recognised University/college..Anyone who has a degree like B.A,Bsc or any stream of
Engineering he/she can appear for the exam..You can read the Competition Success review magazine which will make you uptodate with the current issues..Do a lot of hard work and practise because there is competition for every field...and IAS is a prestigious job..You want to be an IAS officer its really appreciable...
GOOD LUCK...
7th June 2010, 09:31 PM
help100%

Look its really depends on you what stream you are from and the subject needed for IAS is history,geography,economics,general knowledge and english.So, maximum are from arts background so you may opt for B.A.You can also opt for B.Com or B.Sc because if the basics are clear its hardly matters on what you are doing graduation.So, if you are interested in science or commerce you can do your graduation in any subject and prepare for IAS separately or if you think you should stick to IAS related subject then better opt for B.A (english,history,geography) or B.Sc(economics).Its up to you which one to opt for.
So, i think i'm able to clear your problem.For any further queries free to post here.

Best of Luck,
help100%
8th June 2010, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am william again...i wanted to know that with commerce and maths....which degree would be better or ias
13th June 2010, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i just cleared my 10th with 92% with subject should i opt in 11 since i have passion for ias officer my ambition
13th June 2010, 11:50 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend ,

there are no requirements in case of stream of graduation .
Just one has to possess graduation degree it could be of b.tech , b.sc. or b.com.
but personally i feel that opting for b.a. will help you to get through IAS as the curriculam has some topics which are important topics in IAS as well .

but it depends upon interest of subject for graduation .

keep your aims and moral high to fight IAS .

for more details follow the link http://www.civilserviceindia.com

hope your doubt to be solved.
feel free to post as many doubts as you can , we are here to solve your doubts .

regards
~satish.
22nd June 2010, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

i just finished my 2nd year(12th) with 92%......i dont want to waste one year by taking engineering.......so please say me which is the best degree to opt to make IAS exam easy.????please........
23rd June 2010, 09:09 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i just finished my 2nd year(12th) with 92%......i dont want to waste one year by taking engineering.......so please say me which is the best degree to opt to make IAS exam easy.????please........

Well if you dont want to opt for Engineering then better opt for B.sc Honours in the subject which you are Interested.

I have never seen a person who able to crack IAS just after Bachelor degree, every one has some extra qualification Master degree, PG Diploma, some upto P.hd.

Generally the science students who want to become an IAS study like this.

Those who complete there graduation in science, opt for MA (Generally History, Political Science or any language subject) simultaneously they keep prepareing for IAS and also keep appearing for the same.

While some continue there study in science and simultaneously preparetion and Attempting.

One more thing, IAS is your main AIM, but also appear for Public Service Commission Exam and State Civil Service Exam of your state, or keep giving like Entrance exams because it will bring Perfection in you.

Let me tell you a story of a person:-

He was a science student from WBCHSE scored not well in his board exams, also losted Parents support but keep continueing. Persued his B.sc started teaching as aprivate tutor, then opted for MA (Economics) simultaneously keep appear for all Related Entrance, again after MA (Economics) opted for MA (History) keep tutoring and IAS preparetion and Attempting. And noe its the time when he does'nt mis any Entrance.

Now, he has develored such ability that he just cracked any Entrance he appears for PSC, WBCS, UPSC. Presently he is working in some high post in TAX Department of India.

When we asked the reason for his success he said the main reason is appearing for Entrance even when there is of no use...

Like him I have story of many successful candiadtes, who have achieved a Real success in life.

You have heard of "Super 30 Coaching" Centre for IITJEE preparetion in Patna , which is famous its record succes and become Asia's Best Coaching Centre. The person runs it is a P.hd (MAthematics) and was the IAS officer for 14 years after that due to his love for MAthematics he live IAS and started "Super 30 Coaching".

Regards
~Faiyaz~
24th June 2010, 12:19 AM
bholag

you can give IAS exam after graduation degree from any disciple either after b.sc,b.com, b.tech.
but as per me if you have B.A as graduation then it depends upon your interest
and for more information you can visit the below mentioned website
www.civilserviceindia.com
IAS exam is one of the toughest exam
24th June 2010, 03:40 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai
You have to take a bachelors degree in any science tream from a recognised university.Then you must qualify both priliminary and main exam. Then there will be an interview. If you perform well, you will be promoted.
[IMG]smiling face[/IMG]
27th June 2010, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

exam for IAS officer
28th June 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.pharma students . Is this stream is for IAS
5th July 2010, 12:33 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

you can do degree in any area.. technical, non technical, arts, commerce... then depending on your interest you should pich up a subject to write your IAS exams..
5th July 2010, 12:53 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

If you are interested for IAS then I will suggest you to go for BA in which you will be well prepared your self easily as many of the subjects of the IAS are covered from the BA COURCES, so it will be easy for you to face the examination of IAS.
5th July 2010, 03:17 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
It is the right time which you have selected for preparing this exam. First thing you should make clear is that you choose any stream you have to perform extraordinarily for success in the exam. Second thing you have not mentioned what was your subjects in 10 + 2, if it was science than you can go for arts subjects in your graduation. I am saying so because the exam pattern is as such that each sector of society is considered during framing of GS paper and as cience student scores over others if he commands himself in arts too, which comprises bulk of question in IAS exam.
5th July 2010, 03:43 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear,
the criteria for ias exam is graduation in any field.so you can abale to attain ias exam after b.sc,ba or bcom,engg degree.but it is practically it is seen the arts students getting more chance than others.so i can just suggest you to do ba(bachelor in arts) .

all the best.........
5th July 2010, 04:12 PM
August
Senior Member+

look dear

to be eligible for IAS u must be a graduate in any line .

u can be graduate of arts ,science ,commerce , engineering and anything else.

so don't be hesitate u can choose any field for your graduation .

all the best.
5th July 2010, 06:11 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which graduation I should do to become IAS later?

Hi,

Only a graduation is required for UPSC Exams esp, Civil service exam.

You can take Arts, Engineering, Architecture, MBBS etc. Any bachleors of your interest. CSE Not requires any special graduation.

But note, Diploma engineering is not accepted.

And the Degree you produce should be recognised. Thats all.

All the best.
5th July 2010, 06:21 PM
Malsi

There is no particulars as such dat u shud hav diz degree only to writ IAS...
THERE r many doctors engineers business tycoons and arts studnts whu hav crackd IAS.
If u wan a hlp thru studies in ur preparation then takin BA politicl science and economics wil help.

ALLL THE BEST
5th July 2010, 07:16 PM
bhubaneshwari

Dear friend,
If you aspire to become IAS or IPS the minimum educational qualification required will be graduation in any stream. But, it will be beneficial in future if you take up Arts.
5th July 2010, 08:15 PM
Kushagra Makin

You can persue your graduation from any reputed college and with any coarse. May it be B.Tech,B.Sc, BCA, B.SC-IT or whatever in which you have intetrest.
Apartt from it you will have to study regularly for IAS for the subjecs you have decided to chose for it. And most important is to read news paper daily and be uptodate with the current affairs.
All the best.
5th July 2010, 11:22 PM
pinnache

arts and science are most sought after.
you heard toppers from arts.
there are more thaent fieldsn 50 subjects from differ
6th July 2010, 02:12 AM
irfan83_ias

hi..
i passed b.com 1st year in 2000.. after that im unable to complete further studies now i want to continue the other 2nd and final year of b.com study.. for appearing ias..
1. can i continue the course..
2. for ias how many percent mark must be needed..
3. after b.com wht shall i have to read book to prepare my self for ias.. thx
6th July 2010, 10:36 PM
yatsra

indian administrative services is open to all indian nationals graduated
arts and science are most sought after.
you heard toppers from arts.
there are more than 50 subjects to choose from.
7th July 2010, 08:10 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

The compulsary subject in the Preliminary exam for IAS is General studies and the one from arts background has better knowledge of this particular subject.
similarly, the compulsary subjects for the Main exam are one indian language, English, Essay and General studies.In this case also you will find that the one from arts background is more familiar with the subjects compared to the one from other stream.
So, it does not mean that the candidates with BSc or Bcom degree are not capable of clearing the exam but the one from Arts stream definitely have advantage.
So, if being an IAS officer is your ultimate goal, I would suggest you to follow the Arts stream.
8th July 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

hiii i am doing my gradution(ba)...nd my subjects ar english ,history nd polticalscience, i want to know that is there any scope in these subject other then teaching & ias.....
9th July 2010, 10:17 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hiii i am doing my gradution(ba)...nd my subjects ar english ,history nd polticalscience, i want to know that is there any scope in these subject other then teaching & ias.....

Yes of course.......!

Various oppurtunities are available for you, but the best thre options are....

1) MBA: Yes you can opt for MBA with specialisation in HR, Insurance, Marketing and sale which will best suites you.

2) Law: You can go for BA (LLB) for a better promising career in Law sector, which is at present is among the most lucaretive career options.

3) Defence: Yes apart from Civil services you also have options in deefence sector, after acquiring MA you can get into various departments of defence like- Educational department, Logistic department etc....
9th July 2010, 11:12 AM
Dkiran

hi friend,For IAS it is Field independent,that is whichever branch you go either engineering or other ,you just require a graduation degree.
so in your interested subject you opt for it.

All The Best friend.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?