25th January 2015, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Which is best place for having graduation for IAS?

Which is the best place for having graduation for IAS (Collector)? And which subject should I choose for graduation before the studies of IAS?

26th January 2015, 03:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is best place for having graduation for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which is the best place for having graduation for IAS (Collector)? And which subject should I choose for graduation before the studies of IAS?
Nothing like that you can study Graduation wherever you want and there is no specific subject required for IAS. Any stream graduation students can apply for IAS entrance exam.

To become a IAS Officer, you must appear in Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Entrance Exam. Once you completed your graduation, you can apply for IAS entrance exam. For appearing in this exam you must have certain eligibility qualifications,

Eligibility Criteria:

-> Applicants must be a Indian

-> Applicants must have a degree certificate in any discipline from a recognized University and final year student of graduation can also apply.

-> Applicants should complete 21 years of age & should not exceed 30 years (if general candidate). Relaxation in upper age limit for SC /ST is five years, for OBC is three years,

Applicants can apply for this exam in both the offline and online mode as well. The application forms can be downloaded via the official website of UPSC. Those who are applying offline can collect the form from the nearest post office by a payment of RS. 100/-.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - www.upsc.gov.in/
26th January 2015, 11:21 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

According to me Delhi is the best place for having graduation for IAS. In Delhi there are lots of top class coaching institutes for IAS.

Subjects for civil services:

1. History
2. Geography
3. Economics
4. Indian Polity
5. General Science
6. Current affairs
7. Environment
27th March 2015, 04:55 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It is very tough to say about the best places as students of smaller towns also qualify for it but they are very few or you can say them that they are exception.Mostly students qualifies are either living in metropolitan city.As there are good colleges with best coaching available to them from beginning.

I think Delhi will be the best because there are colleges with best faculty and syllabus of graduation is based on the competitive pattern.It has also best coaching in India for it.

The best paper you can select as main will be either
1.Political science.
2.History.
3.Geography.
4.English.

You can also select the one in which you have better knowledge and you think I will qualify by it.
29th March 2015, 10:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IAS is a Indian Civil Services exam and there is nothing specific regarding the degree where you should be graduated. All that matters is that you should have completed a degree from a recognized university and that can be in any stream of education.

IAS exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they are:

# The candidate should have a Citizenship in India

# The age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate.

# There are certain relaxation for other category candidates, it is 21-35 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 21-33 years

You need to satisfy them all in order to apply for the exam and the candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

The number of attempts allowed for IAS exam is:

For SC/ST - No limit
For OBC - 7
For General - 4

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd April 2015, 04:26 PM
Ashwakh

It doesnt matter for the IAS exam , that you have completed your Graduation in City College or in Normal Town college. For the IAS exam , the main point is whether the applying candidate completed Graduation from a RECOGNISED university or not. This matters only here in IAS exam .
The place where you studied , Born and Brought up doesnt matter and will not count.

And your age matters for IAS exam .

~ If you are from OC category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years only.

~ If you are from OBC category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only.

~ If you are from SC , ST category , then your age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only.

~ You shouldbe a citizen of India.

~ You shouldhave completed your Graduation course from any Descipline University.
15th April 2015, 11:55 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

There is not any particular course for IAS in graduation.Some students take Arts for IAS.It helps in IAS Exam.Because they learn history and Civics Subjects and these subjects are the main subjects in IAS Exam.You can do graduation in any stream and prepare for IAS from home with your study.You can start preparation for IAS with your study.Every exam wants preparationa and practice.These two things are the keys of success.So prepare yourself for IAS.
15th May 2015, 08:12 PM
MASTER RAVI

Any Graduate passed student can apply for the IAS Exam.There are two papers in IAS Exams.You have to clear the Preliminary Exam first,The Preliminary Exam is same for all the Candidates.So you have to prepare for this Exam.After passing the Preliminary Exam,you also have to pass the Main Exam and Interview.

The Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam is:-
1.You should be Graduate from any Stream.
2.You should be Citizen of India.
3.Your age should be 25 Years and there is relaxation for the Category Candidates.

Process of Exam:-
Preliminary Exam.(Objective)
Main Exam(Written Based)
Interview

No of Attempts for UPSC:-
SC/ST has no limit.
OBC candidates have 7 Attempt
General Candidates have 4 Attempt
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?