29th May 2018, 06:49 AM
bas.abu

Can I study BCA(H) after completed 12th Biology?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 12th in this year with Biology stream. I want to study BCA(H) now. So, I would like to know that I can study BCA or not? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

30th May 2018, 08:35 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA(H) after completed 12th Biology?

No, you are not eligible to study BCA (H) course after completion of your 12th standard with Biology. To be eligible to pursue BCA (H) course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Non-Medical Science stream from a Government recognised board. So, being a 12th standard Medical Science stream, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA (H) course.
30th May 2018, 12:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

BCA refers to Bachelor of Computer Application and same is a professional bachelor degree course with a good career scope in software world and IT industry.

The minimum education required for pursuing BCA degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with Biology group you are eligible to pursue BCA degree course as the stream of Class 12th academics does not matters for pursuing BCA course.
30th May 2018, 12:52 PM
iamssuhana

Yes, you can do BCA from many universities as they consider minimum aggregate score of 45% -60% (varies from university to university) at 12th level (Pass) in any stream with English as a main subject.
Some Colleges prefer students those who have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level. you may have to qualify entrance test too.
Colleges for BCA: K.J. Somaiya Institute-Mumbai, Lovely Professional University- Punjab , VIT University Tamilnadu, Jamia Millia Islamia University Delhi,NMIMS Mumbai, Anna University Tamil Nadu, University of Mumbai, University of Kolkatta,NIT Warangal,Institute of Technology Kothrud -Pune, Pune University, University of Hydrabad,JNU Delhi, Delhi University
30th May 2018, 02:26 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue BCA, candidate must have completed 12th standard with PCM or having mathematics as compulsory subject.
As you have passed your 12th standard with Biology hence you are not eligible to pursue this course.
30th May 2018, 03:57 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Candidate who have scored minimum of 60% marks in his/her 10+2 board exam are eligible for the BCA course. So the only eligibility required for this exam that the candidate is 10+2 passed.

The duration of this course is of 3 years. During this duration of these three years you will be taught many language and computer application.

There are some colleges in India which only take the candidates having mathematics at 12th and got 60% marks. If you have these eligibility then you can apply for BCA course of any college.

But if you don't have mathematics in 12th then there are some colleges in India in which you are not eligible. But you can apply in other colleges where the mathematics is not required.
30th May 2018, 07:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course you are eligible for BCA course after completing 12th Biology :-

The eligibility to get admission in BCA

The candidate need to complete 12th from a recognised board or its equivalent qualification with english as passing subject with minimum 45% marks at 12th standard.
30th May 2018, 08:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Having completed 12th standard in Science stream, you are eligible to join BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. This is a 3 year Graduation course being offered by many colleges in India.

I am not sure of the reason why you want to switch to Computers side from Science stream.

There are many job opportunities for Science students as well.

I don't suggest you to switch to Computers stream until and unless there is a strong reason.

One can get direct admission for BCA course in many of the colleges.

You can directly walk into the college and get the details like
-Starting date to get application form
-Last date to submit application form

Once you submit application form and all the required documents like your mark-lists, address proof and id proof, you will be informed with the date from which the classes will start.

My suggestion is to choose a college where there are experienced faculty and lab facility so that you can put more efforts to learn the subject from basics.

Very few colleges will not give admission for Science students to BCA course. That will not be a problem. You can skip those colleges.
30th May 2018, 11:43 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Having completed your Class 12th in science stream with Biology group you are eligible for pursuing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree course as for pursuing the same course the minimum education required is just a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board of education.
31st May 2018, 12:44 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.

=> B.C.A. Hons. or Bachelor of Computer Applications Honours is an undergraduate Information Technology course.

=> The duration of BCA course is three years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in any stream with English from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to study BCA(H) after completed 12th Biology.
31st May 2018, 12:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Even after you have completed intermediate from Science stream with Biology as main subject you are eligible to pursue BCA from any of the colleges.
There is no any restriction in stream selection.
31st May 2018, 03:58 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Bachelor of Computer Application is a professional degree.

It has following eligibility criteria:

1. 12th passed or appearing for board exam in any stream.

2. English must be one of the compulsory subjects in 12th.

You can apply for BCA course after 12th in science stream with biology subject.
31st May 2018, 04:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue BCA it is necessary that candidate must have completed 12th standard having Mathematics as a compulsory subject. As you have completed your 12th standard with PCB hence you are not eligible for BCA course.
31st May 2018, 06:14 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of BCA is Bachelor of Computer application.

Eligibility criteria for BCA course:

1. You can apply for BCA course after 12th in science stream with PCB subject group.

The qualification required is that student should be 12th passed with English as compulsory subject.

Better colleges of BCA require higher percentage of marks in 12th.
31st May 2018, 07:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is a vocational course and of three year duration.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as main paper.

In some of the universities there is no limitation on stream of XII standard so you are eligible to get admission into universities.

So kindly check the required eligibility of the institute in which you want to get admission.

Admission will be conducted on the basis of entrance test or on merit basis it varies with institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?