29th September 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

What is the date of CDS exam? I want to be a Pilot in India Air Force

sir...
i want to be a Pilote in Indian air force.the reason is that am a girl, but this is my ambition . i don" know about c.d.s. will you pls tell me the date of that exam also pls tell me that what is cds?where is the examination centre in kerala
its my request pls....sir
thank you

12th October 2012, 03:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the date of CDS exam? I want to be a Pilot in India Air Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir...
i want to be a Pilote in Indian air force.the reason is that am a girl, but this is my ambition . i don" know about c.d.s. will you pls tell me the date of that exam also pls tell me that what is cds?where is the examination centre in kerala
its my request pls....sir
thank you
Important: The Notification of Next CDS(I) Examination is going to be published next month, the dates of Next year UPSC Examination is already published in the official website of UPSC.

Dates of CDS(I) 2013:

=> Date of Notification Published: 10/nov/2012
=> Last date of apply: 10/Dec/2012
=> Examination Date: 17/Feb/2013

But sorry to say that as a girl you can not choose Air force wings in CDS. You can only choose Officer's Training Academy only as your Preference.

If you are Interested to Join Indian Air force as a pilot, then for this you have to apply for the Air force common admission test. This examination is conducted twice by IAF.

To apply for AFCAT Flying Branch you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised University and must have completed your Intermediate examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects. Your age should between 19 to 23 years to apply for AFCAT Examination.

So, you are only apply for AFCAT Examination, if you are interested to Join India Air force as a Pilot. You must have scored more than 60% marks in your graduation to Join Indian Air force. The selection is based on written test followed by SSB Interview and Medical test.

So, when you are pursuing your final year graduate course or completed graduation with 60% marks, then only you are eligible to apply for AFCAT Examination to join Flying Branch, If you need more details about this examination, then please check official website.

www.careerairforce.nic.in
12th October 2012, 03:18 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the date of CDS exam? I want to be a Pilot in India Air Force

hi,

CDS EXAM STANDS FOR COMBINED DEFNESE SERVICE EXAM WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC TWICE IN A YEAR.
CDS EXAM IS CONDUCTED INTO FOLLOWING WINGS;-
*INDIAN MILITARY
*NAVY
*AIR FORCE
*OFFICER TRAINING ACADEMY

CDS EXAM ELIGIBILITY;-
*YOU MUST BE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY
*AGE LIMIT IS 19-23 YEARS
BOTH UNMARRIED MALE AND FEMALE CAN APPLY THIS EXAM.

IMPORTANT DATES;-
DATE OF NOTIFICATION';-10/11/2012
LAST DATE OF APPLY -10/12/2012
EXAMINATION DATE-17/02/2013

for more;-
upsc.gov.in

12th October 2012, 03:33 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IMPORTANT DATES OF CDS:

Date of Notification
Published: 10/nov/2012

Last date of apply:
10/Dec/2012

Examination Date:
17/Feb/2013

But you are not eligible for the indian air force. Because you are girl so you are not eligible.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for the CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission twice in a year.

CDS has three wings

Army

Navy

Air force

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should be citizen of india.

Only male candidates are eligible. And the candidate should be unmarried. Girls or female candidates are not eligible.

Candidate should complete the Graduation from any recognized university.

Candidate should physically fit for this exam.

ALL THE BEST.
13th October 2012, 06:53 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

CDS Exam 2013 Dates :

CDS Exam I Dates :

Date of Notification : 10.11.2012
Last date for Receipt of Application : 10.12.2012
Date of Commencement of Exam : 17.02.2013

CDS Exam II Dates :

Date of Notification : 25.05.2012
Last date for Receipt of Application : 24.06.2012
Date of Commencement of Exam : 11.08.2013

CDS Exam Eligibility :

Candidates must be a Indian

IMA & Officer's Training Academy : Degree of a recognize university or equivalent
Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE & Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics
Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University

Candidates age limit between 18 to 25 years

Selection Process :

Written Test
Interview
Medical Test

CDS Exam Books :

15th October 2012, 06:55 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year i.e CDS-I and CDS-II.

Eligibility criteria:-

Important dates:-

CDS-I:-

Date of notification:-10-11-2012,

Last date for receipt ofa application forms:-10-12-2012,

Date of exam:-17-02-2013,

CDS-II:-

Date of notification:- 25-05-2013,

Last date for receipt of application forms:- 24-06-2013,

Date of exam:- 11-08-2013.

Syllabus for Written exam:-

All the best.
23rd May 2013, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR
I AM GENERAL NURSING 3 YEAR STUDENT .FINAL EXAM WILL BE IN AUGUST ,AM I ELIGIBLE FOR TO WRITE CDS EXAM? WHEN WILL BE THE NEXT EXAM ?THANK YOU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?