1st November 2012, 06:16 PM
meeta kambale

How to apply for IES exam after completing my B.E in computer engineering

Hello..!!
Currently m in final year of engineering(COMPUTER) and want to apply for ies exam after completing my BE.
So can you please tell me the eligibility criteria for appearing for the exam and also the syllabus.

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for IES Exam after completion of Computer Engineering?
  2. How to prepare for IES examination? Is IES examination a good option for Computer Science students?
  3. Can CSE candidate apply for IES Exam? Last date to submit forms for upcoming IES Exam?
  4. I am doing 3rd year in ECE : In which year can I write IAS prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering?
  6. Can I apply for IES exam after completing Electronics Engineering?
  7. Can I apply for IES exam after passing electronics and computer branch and engineering from MBM college Jodhpur?
  8. About ies exam
  9. Which subjects should I choose for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  10. Can I apply for IES in electrical engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  11. Will I leave my M.Tech degree in between and join IES or is there a provision that I can join IES just after completing my Post Graduation?
  12. Any chance to write IES exam after scoring 60% in EC engineering?
  13. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam?
  14. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  15. What is the fee structure of Aeronautical engineering? How to apply for it after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  16. Can I apply for PSU entrance exam and IES after completing B.Tech? -- [New]
  17. How to apply for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering? Opportunities after completing Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. Can a computer science graduate apply for JTO exam and IES exam?
2nd November 2012, 02:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IES exam after completing my B.E in computer engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeta kambale View Post
Hello..!!
Currently m in final year of engineering(COMPUTER) and want to apply for ies exam after completing my BE.
So can you please tell me the eligibility criteria for appearing for the exam and also the syllabus.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course from any discipline then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are final year of your B-TECH degree in Computer Science so you are eligible for IES exam.

There is no separate syllabus for IES Exam , So you can choose below given stream for written exam.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

I have attached the syllabus of IES Exam of civil Engineering department so please check it out now.

For more information about IES exam or online application , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FULL SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM.pdf(37.5 KB, 115 views)
19th January 2013, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to apply for IES exam after completing my B.E in computer engineering

Am doing final year mechanical engineering, how to apply for IES Exam? Is there any specifications for mechanical engineers.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?