16th June 2012, 01:31 PM

How to apply for IES Exam after completion of Computer Engineering?

how to apply for ies exams after degree in computer engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for IES exam after completing my B.E in computer engineering
  2. How to prepare for IES examination? Is IES examination a good option for Computer Science students?
  3. Can CSE candidate apply for IES Exam? Last date to submit forms for upcoming IES Exam?
  4. Can I apply for IES examination after graduation in Computer Science and Engineering?
  5. Can I apply for IES exam after passing electronics and computer branch and engineering from MBM college Jodhpur?
  6. What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student
  7. About ies exam
  8. Which subjects should I choose for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing Computer Science Engineering?
  9. Any chance to write IES exam after scoring 60% in EC engineering?
  10. Educational criteria for ISS and IES exam? -- [New]
  11. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  12. Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
  13. How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?
  14. Can a computer science graduate apply for JTO exam and IES exam?
  15. Any chance for B.Tech computer science student passouts to apply for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?
  16. I am doing 3rd year in ECE : In which year can I write IAS prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Are computer science students of engineering not eligible for IES exam
  18. For which types of post can I apply after qualifying IES exam in Indian Railways?
18th June 2012, 09:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for IES Exam after completion of Computer Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
how to apply for ies exams after degree in computer engineering?
Once you have completed your bachelors degree program in Computer Engineering, you will be able to apply for the Engineering Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The application form will be made available online on www.upsconline.nic.in as per the schedule notified by the commission. Complete instruction for filling up the online application form will be provided on the aforementioned website.

Now, apart from being a graduate in Engineering, you have got to be within the prescribed age limit which is as follows:

Minimum Eligible Age: 21 years
Maximum Age: 30 years (33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST category)

However, the Engineering Services Examination is conducted only in the Four disciplines of Engineering which do not include Computer Engineering. So, if you are willing to write the examination, you will have to select any pof the following branches of Engineering:

Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommuncation Engineering
Civil Engineering

For more information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?