4th October 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer after doing PG?

I want to become an I.A.S after my post graduation.But im not sure about my stream ?..Which stream should i take to become an I.A.S? M y parents are saying that any stream is applicable for it but i want a clear idea about it.Please help me?

5th October 2012, 09:02 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an I.A.S after my post graduation.But im not sure about my stream ?..Which stream should i take to become an I.A.S? M y parents are saying that any stream is applicable for it but i want a clear idea about it.Please help me?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer, Graduation is the minimum requirement and after graduation you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination. There is no particular stream you need to apply for CSE, If your graduation is complete in any discipline then you are eligible for this examination.

Generally IAS is consider higher cadre than IPS. IAS Officers got a job in Administration example like District Collectors, Reserve Bank Governors. These jobs are based on performance and ranking all India Civil Service Exam, If you got a first rank you can opt for IAS officers jobs.

To become IAS officer you just need to complete your graduation and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Notification published every year in the employment Newspaper or in the official website of UPSC.

This year examination was already completed and if you are interested then wait for Next year Notification, the notification of next year examination will be published soon in the month of February and after Notification online registration will be started.

The examination is conducted in these stages, preliminary and Mains. Preliminary exam is objective and there are two papers in this examination, if you cracked this you are eligible for Mains. Mains exam consist nine descriptive papers, you have to select two optional subjects for four papers. You have to choose two optional subject according to your interest. If you need more details then you can check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2013, 10:15 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in any discipline can join to IAS. Selection test to IAS is conducted by UPSC. Upper age limit is 30 years. OBC candidates can apply up to 33 years where as SC/ST candidates up to 35 years. General category candidates can attend the test at most 4 times. Detailed eligibility can be collected from UPSC portal.
24th July 2013, 11:44 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you want to become an IAS officer than in that case you have to give the Civil Services Exams conducted by UPSC

This exam is held for 24 posts and these are IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc

Educatiional qualifications required is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks required in graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum -30 years for all the General category candidates
Maximum 33 years for the OBC candidates
Maximum 35 years for the SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General candidates- 4
OBC candidates -7
SC/ST candidates- No such restrictions

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview

Next prelims exams would be held in May 2014

Syallabus for Prelims Exams

Paper 1:
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics,
Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

Paper 2
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) Data
interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.
English Language Comprehension skills
Decision-making and problem-solving
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
General mental ability
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?