2nd July 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I join NDA after scoring 61.6% marks in 12th class

I have scored only 61.6 percent marks in 12th class. I want to know, can i join NDA and if not then how much marks is required?

3rd July 2013, 08:58 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join NDA after scoring 61.6% marks in 12th class

Yes, you can join NDA after 12th standard. There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to NDA.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
23rd July 2013, 10:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage of marks is required to join NDA. HSC passed candidates in any streams can apply. Students who have studied physics and mathematics in 12th can join to any of the three wings of defense. Others can join to army only. Age of the applicant must fall between 16 1/2 -19 years.
24th July 2013, 11:39 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored only 61.6 percent marks in 12th class. I want to know, can i join NDA and if not then how much marks is required?
YES, you can apply for the NDA exams

In class 12th no minimum percentage of marks is required to apply for the NDA exams

NDA exams are conducted two times each year

Education:

Indian Army- 12th class or Intermediate Pass in any stream
Indian Airforce and Indian Navy Wing- 12th class or Intermediate Pass.In class 12th you should have studied the subjects Physics and Maths.

Age-
Minimum 16.5 years
Maximum 19 years
No age relaxations is given to any candidates who apply for the NDA exams

Next NDA exams would be held in April 2014

Only Candidates born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st July 1998 can apply for these exams

Male candidates are only allowed to apply for the NDA exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?