3rd October 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IPS officer if I am a student of computer applications

i'm student of Computer Application(MCA). i want to become an IPS officer...but i'm confused about subject selection ...PLZ Suggest me about it..

4th October 2012, 11:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer if I am a student of computer applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm student of Computer Application(MCA). i want to become an IPS officer...but i'm confused about subject selection ...PLZ Suggest me about it..

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

You have completed MCA degree means you have already completed your graduation .So you are applicable for IPS exam which conducted UPSC .

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

You are from MCA department but there is no optional subject related computer .So you should choose the subject as per your strength .

I hale listed the subject name for optional and Mains exam so please check it care fully.

Optional Subject are-
1. Agriculture
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Anthropology
4. Botany
5. Chemistry
6. Civil Engineering
7. Commerce and Accountancy
8. Economics
9. Electrical Engineering
10. Geography
11. Geology
12. History
13. Law
14. Management
15. Mathematics
16. Mechanical Engineering
17. Medical Science
18. Philosophy
19. Physics
20. Political Science and International
21. Relations
22. Psychology
23. Public Administration
24. Sociology
25. Statistics
26. Zoology
27. Literature

Below combination are not allowed for choosing Optional subject .

(a) Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration;
(b) Commerce & Accountancy and Management;
(c) Anthropology and Sociology;
(d) Mathematics and Statistics;
(e) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry &Veterinary Science.
(f) Management and Public Administration;
(g) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject.
(h) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.

For further information you may log on to For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 12:55 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer if I am a student of computer applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear,

For preliminary exam for IPS you have to choose one subject out of the following optional subjects:
  1. Psychology
  2. Agriculture
  3. Botany
  4. Commerce
  5. Economics
  6. Geography
  7. Indian History
  8. Law
  9. Civil Engineering
  10. Mathematics
  11. Mechanical Engineering
  12. Medical Science
  13. Philosophy
  14. Physics
  15. Electrical Engineering
  16. Political Science
  17. Geology
  18. Public Administration
  19. Sociology
  20. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  21. Chemistry
  22. Statistics

Selection of subjects normally depends on your own interest and capability. But since you are from a computer background i think its better to chose Indian history or geography as these are comparatively a bit simple and easy than others for you. And you will not have to do much hard work for preparing these subjects.

IPS exam is very tough and you really have to work very hard for it.

BEST OF LUCK!
4th October 2012, 04:31 PM

hi,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

You have completed MCA degree means you have already completed your graduation .So you are applicable for IPS exam which conducted UPSC .

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

You are from MCA department but there is no optional subject related computer .So you should choose the subject as per your strength .

Optional Subject are-
1. Agriculture
2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
3. Anthropology
4. Botany
5. Chemistry
6. Civil Engineering
7. Commerce and Accountancy
8. Economics
9. Electrical Engineering
10. Geography
11. Geology
12. History
13. Law
14. Management
15. Mathematics
16. Mechanical Engineering
17. Medical Science
18. Philosophy
19. Physics
20. Political Science and International
21. Relations
22. Psychology
23. Public Administration
24. Sociology
25. Statistics
26. Zoology
27. Literature

Below combination are not allowed for choosing Optional subject .

(a) Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration;
(b) Commerce & Accountancy and Management;
(c) Anthropology and Sociology;
(d) Mathematics and Statistics;
(e) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry &Veterinary Science.
(f) Management and Public Administration;
(g) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject.
(h) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in.
17th February 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I am student of electronics and telecomm engg(3rd year),guide me how i proceed to become an ips...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?