7th November 2011, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

How can B.E ECE candidate get a job in merchant navy?

sir i am B.E ECE wil i get any kind of job in shiping industries and wil they provide any CDC for me by doing STCW course.if possible means wat kind job i wil get ang for tat wat kind of course are their . in addition to tat i also did diplomo in industrial safety . pls mail me at [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Is this possible for me to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of ECE?
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  3. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  4. How should I be joining Merchant Navy? I have done B.Tech ECE
  5. How to join Merchant Navy being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  6. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  7. How to get a Job in Merchant Navy being a candidate pursuing Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  8. Is it possible to go for Merchant navy after B.Tech from ECE?
  9. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  10. How can I directly join into Merchant Navy Job without any external course being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech ECE having secured an aggregate of 70% till 6th semester?
  11. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  12. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy?
  13. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can B.E ECE candidate get a job in merchant navy?
  15. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  16. Details regarding the course and the institutes providing training for Merchant Navy after B.E ECE?
  17. Can a ECE B.Tech student join Merchant Navy?
  18. ECE pursuing girls are eligible for Merchant Navy?
8th November 2011, 09:12 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can B.E ECE candidate get a job in merchant navy?

yes you can go for merchant navy but being a ELECTRONIC engineer why you want to join merchant navy.......better option in same field is why dont you try for indian navy...........think on it..........and make decision.....

Always Indian NAVY is for technical people and give respectful post than Merchant navy.For merchant navy we need just 12th class and Indian NAVY need gaduation this make difference and also pay scale also high for Indian NAVY.

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............so if you want to go for MERCHANT navy you can.........

Age limit is depends on the basic qualification based on that you want to join merchant navy..
  • A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
  • or 55% marks in the B. Sc. and should be below 22 years of age
  • or should have passed BE/B.Tech. from a college recognized by AICTE and is below 24 years of age.
8th November 2011, 10:09 AM
sathish0038

hi friend,

Merchant navy and Indian Navy are two fields.You have a good Communication in the ECE then why are you Choosing this. You have a good opportunity in Indian Army.
Indian Army conducted for the Graduates and Merchant Navy was 12 th standard with PCM Board.

According to your interest you can join any one of these courses.
Indian Navy:
Minimum graduates from the recognized university.

Candidates should have less then 20 year are commencements of the course and should have minimum 60% in your PCM 10+2
or graduates are allowed55% B.sc with 22 years.
Or should be passed B.e/B.tech with approved by AICTE with 24 years.

These are the qualifications for the Merchant and Indian Navy.
you can choose any one when compare to your course Indian navy is better to your carrier .

all the best
8th November 2011, 11:34 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Yes, you are eligible for apply merchant navy,for this different pay scale will applicable for this.
Criteria for Engineering student:-

*Candidate must pass 12th science and secure more than
60% mark in PCM
Age-21 to 27 years

And shouls pass engineering below 24 years

i here attach a details structure of merchant navy after Engineering graduation:-

Good Luck................
8th November 2011, 02:48 PM
miiky

For applying in a merchant navy officer, you needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder.But you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board.
The conditions of applying in merchant navy are:-

(i)A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
(ii) 55% marks in the B. Sc. and should be below 22 years of age
(iii)You should have passed BE/B.Tech. from a college recognized by AICTE and is below 24 years of age.
8th November 2011, 04:37 PM
Manish Kumar Tripathi

Yes, you can go for merchant navy .
18th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i have panama cdc and i complited four cources like PST,PSSR,FPFF
22nd January 2012, 01:20 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

]hi friend AGE LIMIT of The candidate applying for the INDIAN NAVY should have minimum age 17 years and maximum age of 21 years at the time of training.
so friend i am sorry but according to eligibility criteria you are more than the age given in criteria.
so try for some other thing...............
22nd January 2012, 01:46 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

HI

yes...you are eligible for Indian Navy..If you are interested in Indian Navy then you must complete your graduation from any recognized university.

You can go for Indian Navy through the CDSE examination..

If you are interested in Indian Army,Indian Navy and Air force then you can go for CDSE examination.

CDSE stands for Combined Defense Service Examination.UPSC will hold the CDSE examination every year.

Through CDS exam you can go for following services

Indian Military Academy
navel academy
Air force academy
Officers training academy.

Eligibility for IMA and OTA :

You must complete your graduation from any recognized university.
Your age should in between 19-24 years.
You must be unmarried male candidate.

Eligibility for Air force academy:

You must complete your graduation from any recognized university.
Your age should in between 19-24 years.
You have the physics and maths as a compulsory subject in 10+2 level...

Eligibility for Navel academy:

You must complete your graduation or B.Sc from any recognized university.
Your age should in between 19-23 years.

For further details visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good lk....
24th January 2012, 06:54 PM
selva786

Thumbs up Re: How can B.E ECE candidate get a job in merchant navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am B.E ECE wil i get any kind of job in shiping industries and wil they provide any CDC for me by doing STCW course.if possible means wat kind job i wil get ang for tat wat kind of course are their . in addition to tat i also did diplomo in industrial safety . pls mail me at [email protected]

Yes .You can get job for merchant navy after the completion of B.E degree .But you can easily get job for you complete the one year navy course for any educational institute.
4th June 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

i am pass in 12th sci. at 56% & my ambition careear in marchat nevy how you gaidline
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?