4th September 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

How can get into Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria

Respected Sir/Ma'am,

Could you give me the details regarding how can I get into the merchant navy like Eligibility Criteria, requirements, when is the exam, what is the syllabus etc.
I will be highly obliged if you clear my doubts and questions.

Thanks and Regards
Sanchit

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for Merchant Navy after BSc Economics? What is the eligibility criteria?
  2. How can get into Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria
  3. What are the medical eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy candidates?
  4. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  5. Eligibility Criteria and Procedure to apply for the exam of Merchant Navy and Indian Airforce?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Eligibility criteria for Marine Biotechnology in Merchant Navy?
  8. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in industrial electronics
  10. how can a mechanical engineer apply for merchant navy ?
  11. Important Dates for filling the form for getting a direct job in Merchant Navy after 12th? Eligibility criteria for Corresponding Jobs?
  12. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in Industrial electronics
  13. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  14. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  15. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  16. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  17. What is the work of Pharmacist in Merchant navy? What is the eligibility criteria?
  18. How to apply in Indian Navy as well as Merchant Navy if I am a student of B.E Mechanical
15th December 2015, 11:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can get into Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria

The eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate should have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree in order to join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are :

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?