30th August 2013, 08:17 PM
Mohd arshad taj

How can I become an IAF Aviator? What is the next date of AFCAT?

Hello,my name is arshad...i just wanna becm an iaf aviator....how can i join it? When its next date for AF CAT.....

15th July 2015, 10:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAF Aviator? What is the next date of AFCAT?

IAF means Indian Airforce. If you want to become IAF aviator, you will have to crack AFCAT exam.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted to recruit candidates to different branches of Airforce like:

>>Flying Branch.

>>Technical Branch

>>Ground Duty Branch.

Eligibility criteria:

For flying branch, minimum of three years of bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks and candidate must have studied mathematics and physics at 10+2 level. B.E/B.Tech candidates in final year are also eligible for the exam. The age limit is 20-24 years.

AFCAT consists of written test and Service Selection Board. Written test consists of general ability test. General ability test consists of questions from reasoning, aptitude, English and general awareness.

Second paper is of Engineering Knowledge Test consisting of questions from core stream of engineering and is of 45 minutes.

After clearing written test, you will have to clear Service Selection board which includes Pilot Aptitude Battery test for flying branch.

Important dates for AFCAT exam in 2015:

It is conducted twice every year. Online applications are going on for AFCAT II from 27/06/2015 and last date to apply online is 23/07/2015. The exam will be held on 13/09/2015.

You can apply online for the exam at www.careerairforce.nic.in. There is no application fee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?